Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Love Paris...

...just the idea of Paris because I've not been fortunate enough to have visited.  I've got every intention of getting there someday but up to now my plans have been thwarted.  I am sure that the things that popped up happened for some cosmic or karmic reason.  Seriously, I do believe that everything happens for a reason, even if it's  a stupid reason.  If I'm supposed to get there I will get there.  For now I'll just dream about it, and of course I believe that dreams do come true.
Over at Splitcoast the October Fan Club Gallery is "Around the Compass".  They're travelling all over and sharing their cards and projects.  One small hitch, while Splitcoast is a fabulous site with tons of galleries to visit for free, and lots of challenges open to any member and membership is free, well the hitch is the Fan Club is not free. So you can see my card but you won't get to see the many other wonderful creations that are being posted unless you take the plunge and join.  I don't get anything if you do, I'm just telling you about it.
So here's the deets:
Stamp - Shirley's 2 Girls digi "Bon Voyage"
ink - hp printer; Ranger Pumice Stone sponged on edges
paper - Stampin' Up "Bella Birds" dp; DCWV cs mats; Studio G card base (from the $1 bin at Mikey's place)
miscellaneous - ribbon; SU circle and scalloped circle punch

Here's the challenges:
SCS Fan Club Central theme CT1010 - Around the compass
Creative Belli 102 - sketch (doesn't fit the challenge but I wanted to credit the sketch)
Stamp Something - October Digi Day Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown #22 - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid #8 - Pastels
Charisma Cardz #42 - Vintage (I think the luggage looks vintage and I hoped that the sponging on the edges would give it a vintage feel)

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again.

6 comments:

  1. Oui, I love Paris too! One day maybe we'll get there! Gorgeous card - so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful Vintage creation. Thank you for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris, what a gorgeous vintage creation. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card! Very original!!! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining the WOC Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card - what a wonderful work!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something for our Digi Something challenge! :)
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin