Sunday, October 24, 2010

One down...

Many more to go!  I don't know where I'll be for the holidays so I'm not sure what to do.  If I drive north I can pack up the car.  If I stay in the south then everything will need to be packaged and shipped.  This is making me think a little harder than usual.  Can you smell that?  It smells like burnt hair, that's me thinking hard.  Did you see that?  That was a flash of light.  That's me getting an idea.  Jewelry.  Of course!  Jewelry fits in small packages and ships easily too.  Hmm.....
This is yummy gift bag is for a Baby's 1st Christmas.  It doesn't have to be that, it could be for an wintry occasion but this one was made for a particular baby and the back of the tag is addressed that way.  This is probably the first time I've tied this ribbon in a bow and didn't think it was too much.  It's so beautiful but it's so wide that it often looks like too much on a card, well at least to me when I tie it.  When I see it on other people's work it looks great to me, just can't see it in mine.  This close up is to help show the bling snowflakes.  I added a large one to the top of the one printed on the tag and smaller ones to the big pink brads.  They look so adorable all dressed up. 

So here's the deets:
Stamp:  My Favorite Things Pure Innocence - "Presents for You"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Tattered Rose
Paper - My Mind's Eye "Wonderful Winter" pad
Miscellaneous- copics, Spellbinder's nestibilities "Labels 8" for image and mat, inverted scalloped circles for snowflake; Elements large pink brads; Hero Arts gemstones for large sowflake bling on tag; Memory Box jewel stickers for smaller snowflake bling on large brads; Jei Bowlin Vintage Style Sew On buttons; Mays Arts wide pink and white ribbon; white damask ribbon through bow, twine through tag

Here's the challenges:
Sweet Stampin' #49 - Anything but a card
Bah Humbug #41- Elegance (I'm like the Supreme Court here, I can't define elegance [sic] but I know it when I see it)
Polka Doodles week 42 - Welcome New Baby
2 Sisters #10 - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid #8 - Pastels
Stampin' Royalty #42 - Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon
Going Grey Scrap Creations - Christmas
Fussy and Fancy #22 - Winter Wonderland
Allsorts week 75 - Spots and Stripes

23 comments:

  1. Hello Chris

    What a fabulous Christmas project - I love it.
    Gorgeous rich traditional Christmas colours and a super cute image. Wow that ribbon is definately elegant - it's perfect.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug !

    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET Chris, your bag is so PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gift bag! Thanks for playing along at 2 Sisters Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can smell the burnt hair here in Jersey!!! Gorgeous gift bag - couldn't find one as pretty in any store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling gift bag. Love it.
    Thanks for playing with Stamping Royalty this week.
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb gift bag and that image is lovely, loving the ribbon and tag detail. This is something so very special.
    Jenny x
    Bah! Humbug! GD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bag! This will make a beautiful wrap for XMAS. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there

    What a super bag, thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bag - so good it would be lovely to receive even if it were empty.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would love to get a gift in that bag. Love it! Love the dsp, the image, the ribbon and the beautiful tag. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful gift bag :)
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at sweet stampin this week
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet. Love what you did to a simple bag! Wow, I'd love to get this at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everybody would love to get a gift like this one! Thanks for joining us last week at Sweet STampin, I hope you can join us again this week with our sketch challenge? xx Alie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great gift bag! So pretty! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful project! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gift bag. Thanks for joining in the polkadoodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely bag!!! Great job!! Love that bow/snowflake!! I am ssoooooo CASING this!! :)

    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our baby challenge! Great Project - Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really pretty gift bag.
    Thanks so much for joining in with the Polka Doodles New Baby challenge and hope to see you again.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin