Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Mojo Time

It's the first Monday of the month so it's Mojo time.  It's one of my favorite challenges to play in. Even if I don't play I love to watch the slide show of the winners and favorites.   There's so much talent out there, so many gifted crafters, and that's one of the ways I get to see their work.
I know my friends are scratching their heads and checking to see if they arrived at the right web page.  Yes, I made a Christmas card and yeah it's a noseless, mouthless kid.  This just goes to show you, you should never say never.  I hate to send Christmas cards.  I give them with gifts, and mail a few to my very special friends who have moved far away but I hate to mail them out to a "list" of people.  This year I have moved away so I guess I will be sending cards to many friends who will be far away.  So don't be surprised if you see more Christmas card posts.
As for the noseless, mouthless kid, I don't know why but I like this one.  I know, I'm surprised too. He was part of a prize, so be prepared I also have an Easter image, and if you visit here regularly you may have noticed I used a Halloween image back in early fall.  That one was a little kid in a pumpkin costume but it was a side view so the nose/mouth issue wasn't so obvious.

This fellow is "Ski Bunny Trevor", a Sugarplum from C,C, Designs. He's colored with copics.  His hat and sweater are paper pieced with Imaginisce dp. The image was cut out with Curved Rectangle nestiblities (thanks for these nesties to good buddy Eileen). Before taking the image out of the die I sponged the edges with Ranger Pumice Stone. The pom poms of the hat are globs (technical terminology) of stickles, they'll probably take a week to dry.  The snowflakes up in the left corner were left when the border was punched out of the white card stock.  There are Taylor's Tiny Twinkles glued in the center of them but they don't show in the photo.  This toggle button started out practically the same color as the ribbon, to make it stand out it was colored with a copic.  That fun ribbon was in my stash and I think it was wrapped around a present from one of my crafty friends. 
So here's the deets:
Stamp - C.C. Designs Sugarplum "Ski Bunny Trevor"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Pumice Stone
Paper - Georgia Pacific cs for the image and white snowflake border; Imaginisce dp Candy Cane Lane for the card and Polar Expressions for piecing the sweater and hat (both papers are double sided)
Miscellaneous - charm from acharmingplace.com; ribbon from stash; My Favorite Things button; copics; stickles; EK Success "Snowflake" border punch'; Curved Rectangal nestibilities; Taylor's Tiny Twinkles
Here's the challenges:
Mojo Monday #163 - another fabulous sketch
Papertake Weekly - Penny for the Guy (Trevor is a guy even if I did put some girly stuff on the card, I'm still gonna send this to a guy)
Going Gray with Scrap Creations - Your Favorite Technique (sponging around the edges and hanging charms off buttons)
Stamps R Us - #8 Buttons and Bows
Wild Orchid #9 - Classic Christmas
Wee Memories #29 - Anything Goes
Bee Crafty #41 - Christmas
Paper Sundaes - #42 - For the Boys

11 comments:

  1. Definitely never say never!!! Too funny! Great card - love the coloring and the ribbon and paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fab..great colour combo and a cute image. Thanksfor joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the colors you used! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the snowflake borders! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,
    I love your papers, ribbon and charm. I get the feeling you and I feel the same way about the 'noseless, mouthless kids', but I have to agree this one is cute! Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww such an adorable card hun! Love what you did with the toggle button!!! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card! I was laughing at the noseless and mouthless kids comments! I also have a "thing" about odd looking kid images, but I have caved and purchased some of them...oh how the mighty fall! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... this is such a cute image! Great colouring & I love your choice of papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris this card is adorable. I love your color choices. Sponging is something I love to do also. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. I love your paper piecing!!! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin