Sunday, July 29, 2012

CIC171 - For the Birds

Aren't these cupcakes adorable and yummy looking.  It never ceases to amaze me that our "Cupcake Guru" keeps coming up with such great photos for the Cupcake Inspiration ChallengeThis week we're sponsored by Robyn's Fetish and the sweeties were given images to use.  I just did a search in my labels and found that I've worked on 10 challenges that were sponsored by Robyn.  Lucky me, I was checking out the other images to tell you about them.  I happen to like the "primitive" style images but there's so much more, you have to check out the site and who knows maybe you'll the lucky winner of this week's challenge and you'll get to do some shopping on the house.



For this week's card I chose to work with the "Bird's Nest".  The bird was colored blue like those in the inspiration photo.  By the way, is anybody else wondering if those are Peeps or are they icing?  Either way I'd like to be scarfing them down.  I love Peeps and I love butter cream icing.  But I digress...
Here's the deets:
stamp - Robyn's Fetish "Bird's Nest" digi
ink - hp printer; Ranger "Tea Dye" sponged on edges of scallops and checked dp
paper - Recollections "Printed Scrapbook Paper" dp (sorry they don't give the pack a descriptive name) and "Aqua Screen" dp and "Watercolor Blue Dotty" dp; My Favorite Things "Kraft" and "Whip Cream" card stock; Bazzill "Turquoise Mist" card stock
miscellaneous - copics; pearls; Stampin' Up Crochet lace ribbon; pearl cotton; charm; My Favorite Things "Jumbo Scallop" and "Scallopy Scallop" border die-namics; rounded corner punch

Here's the challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations CIC171 - photo
Fussy and Fancy #68 - Vintage with distressing and Pearls
Secret Crafter - Bright and Cheerful
Case Study #101 - Case the inspiration Card (blue bird, flowers and doilies)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again. 





9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Chris! I love the scalloped edges.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, lovely details and the image is colored beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - love your coloring; love that scallop border - I should use mine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already joined me for my celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just adorable! I love the little charm on the floss. Thanks for playing with us this week over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. A great take on our Bright and Cheerful theme at Secret Crafters Saturday challenege. hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your theme! Thanks for joining Fussy & Fancy!!!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, great image. Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin