Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hope at the Beach

If you play in challenges or make the rounds of card blogs it's very likely that you've run into Jen Scull.  Maybe you follow her blog  Just Coffee Please...and Stamps & Ribbon & Paper.  I've been lucky to be on a few design teams with Jen, she's a rip and damn fine stamper too.  Well Jen didn't mention to me that she is the hostess of one the Hope That You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.  I was quite pleasantly surprised to find this out when I was looking at what I thought was a totally adorable card.  In all the time I've known Jen I never knew her Splitcoast persona so I didn't even realize it was her post until I looked closely at that card and saw her name there. 
Jen is hosting HYCCT1215A "A Peaceful Pink".  You really should pop over to Splitcoast to see her sample, it's definitely worth a trip.  While you're there you may decide to play along. 
For me the beach is a very peaceful spot, at least in my imagination, where there are no boom boxes or screaming kids.
The banner I used is too large for the width of this card.  I just snipped in between the second and third pennant from the left, then put a glue dot on top of the one from the right portion and placed the last one from the left portion on top of that.  You'd have to look really, really closely to spot it.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Unity "It's All Good"; Taylored Expressions "Pennant a la carte"
ink - Versa Magic "Pink Petunia"
paper - Stampin' Up "Purely Pomegranate" and "Close to Cocoa" card stock and "Berry Bliss" dsp
miscellaneous - pearls; heart bling; machine stitching; Taylored Expressions "Pennant Border" die; Stampin' Up 1-3/4" circle punch and 2" scalloped circle punch; sun charm

Here's the challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers HYCCT 1215A - A Peaceful Pink
CRAFT # 177 - Use Metal on a Card
CASE #113 - inspiration card

Thanks for stopping by, come back again




2 comments:

  1. This card is so fun! I love the pink and the banners and especially that fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your layery pinkness! Thanks for joining us st CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin