Monday, November 2, 2009

Color Throwdown for a Cause


While I was posting my last card I linked it to the Crafty Creations Challenge blog. While I was there I read about a young girl who was the victim of a terrible act of violence. She was "lucky" enough to survive but her mother was murdered. She's only eleven years old and she's recovering. The four teens who were arrested for the horrendous crime said they picked her home because it was in a secluded spot.
The DT over at Crafty Creations were touched by the young girls story and are having a card drive for her. If you can join in and send her a card it'll be appreciated and Crafty Creations will include you in a drawing for some nice prizes. Personally I'd send a card even if they didn't make that offer. If your interested click on this link to get the details.
I wanted to make a card specific to this child. One of her interests is biking so I grabbed the K & Co. "Daydream" dp pad because I remembered there was a paper with bicycles on it and I had a stamp I got on e-bay, the info on it is Graphic rubber Stamp, No Hollywood, Calif. Good luck finding another one of these. Since the dp had a lot of blue in it I used the colors from the Color Throwdown #66 challenge to use Elegant Eggplant (the mat around the stamped image), Bordering Blue, the mat around the dp and Rich Razzleberry, the card base and the wavy ribbons I made using the EK Success "Dotted Wave" border punch. The stamped image and the mat were cut out with Nestibilities.
If enough stampers send out cards of hope and well wishes as random acts of kindness maybe we can balance out the bad karma of the random acts of violence. I believe there are enough of us to do it. So if you stop by here maybe you can spread the word on your blog and let your friends know about it.
As always, I am terribly grateful for all the kind words you leave me, thanks for stopping by.
Since I posted this entry I have found that there is a blog hop Stamp Something for Jaimie. Many of the over 60 participants are overing blog candy for your comments. If you have time to make a card or are interested in making a donation for her please click on the link. Anything you can do would be great.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card in spite of the circumstances that prompted it. You are right - I believe in Karma and random acts of kindness to counter the bad karma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending her a card!!! This card is perfect for her and I think she's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card and so perfect for her!! I love yours! thanks so much for sending it along. I know she will be touched by your kindness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jamie is going to love this great card! Thank you for joining this special cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card Chris! Thanks for joining the card drive for Jaimie.
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card, such a tragedy! Thanks for using the CTD colors to make such a special card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it an awful story? Ugh. Made me so sad to read about. Plus, it's the random violence that always has me say "it just as easily could be me.".

    Your card will certainly brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a great card for Jaimie!!!! It's fabulous Chris!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin