Thursday, August 6, 2009

Simon Says Buttons and Bows


Do you watch "Frazier"? Every time I see the phrase "buttons and bows" I think of the episode when Frazier sings "Buttons and Bows" on public television during pledge week. He totally screws up the lyrics and the scene switches to his apartment where Daphne and Martin are watching it over and over on video tape. It is one of the funniest shows they made.
This card is for three challenges, the Simon Says add buttons and bows to your creation, the Crafty Creations Challenge 27 to add a button to your project and the MOJO98 sketch challenge. As soon as I saw this stamp I had to order it. I don't particularly care for martinis but I still get a kick out of it. And I won't name any names but I do know a few people who do like a tini or two. Now if you're pouring bourbon, or malibu rum...
Back to the card. This stamp is called Addy Tude Loves Her Tinis from Stamping Bella. That's where the Sistahs hang out. You can click on the blinkie over on the left sidebar to visit. There's lots of fun stamps there, there's bellas, and kettoes and tudes oh my! You'll have fun if you go. Addy is stamped on white card stock with Memento Black ink and colored with copics. The martini glasses were touched with a clear gelly roll marker. The flower centers and teeniest pearls were made with stickles. The larger pearls are from Joy Craft. The lenses of her sunglasses are covered with Crystal Effect. The colored cardstocks are from DCWV, the martini paper didn't have a name on it, I think I picked it up at AC Moore. The ribbon is from MFT polka dot collection. The red square bling is Precious Finds, Adhesive Gems. So what do you think about buttons on cards. That's a question that keeps coming up, it's not nekkie, do you leave your buttons nekkie? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. This time I actually sewed the button onto the ribbon which is why it isn't naked. If you have an opinion on this leave it in the comments section. I love reading your comments. Did you see the badge that says "your comments feed my blog"? Reading your comments is the best part of my day so take a second and tell me what you're thinking. What can I say, I am easily amused.


10 comments:

  1. a brilliant card, love the colours that you have used. hugs Rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so vibrant! The martini paper goes perfectly with the stamp. Like how you sewed the button onto the ribbon - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors, and great image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah I love this! It's so fun! Love the bold colors! Thanks for joining our challenge this week :D
    - Ann @ Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and cheery! I love the image and bright colors you used!

    Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fanatatic! your colouring is amazing, great button touches!

    thanks for joining us at crafty creations!

    hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Congratulations and super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Mojo Monday win! The card is great! Love the bold colors and the square rhinestones...need some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card for the Mojo sketch!!!
    Congrats on the win! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulatons on your contest win for this card! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin