Friday, October 8, 2010

What Do You Hate?

Brussels sprouts, liver, modern art, the mean kid who said something hurtful to you or, God forbid, said it to your kid.  Without hate we couldn't have love.  Me, I can tolerate Brussels sprouts once a year on Thanksgiving, no thank you to liver, I like modern art, that kid who was mean to me I've forgiven and I was no angel, but as far as the one who was mean to my kid I hope there's a special place in hell for that little punk.  Hate is strong, and it's negative so I try to rid myself of hate, except for that punk, and I do a pretty good job of it except for one other thing.  I hate Cancer.  No matter what your race, religion or political beliefs are I think that's one thing on which we can all agree.  Let's hate cancer together and let's rid the world of it.  It's Breast Cancer Awareness month so spread the message and do whatever you can.  One very simple thing you can do is click on the pink ribbon on my sidebar.  When you get to the site put it in your favorites and click on it everyday.  The world will be a better place. 
We're all in this together.

So here's the deets:
Stamp -  MFT "Think Pink"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up Pink Passion
Paper - Georgia Pacific cs for image; DCWV cs for mats; Warsau pink cs stamped with the pink ribbon to make my own dp
Miscellaneous - Taylor's Tiny Twinkles; Martha Stewart Hydrangea border punch; copics, Marvy 3/4" circle punch; EK Success 1" circle punch; MFT ribbon
Here's the challenges:
Mojo Monday #159 - Sketch
Raise the Bar #39 - Raise the bra (use pink, cancer awareness)
Going Grey - Think Pink with tiddly inks

12 comments:

  1. I hate cancer too Chris - You're right it's the one thing everyone should hate. We probably hate it more since it has hit so close to home for both of us. On a lighter note, such a beautiful card. The pink ribbons are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Great card! I love your coloring and adore how that border punch is peeking out from under your ribbon. And yea, you never seem to get over the one who hurts your child!! Thanks for joining us this week as Raise The Bar!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there Chris! Long time no tk to! TOTALLY LOVE your card and post today...HATE HATE HATE Cancer- it has taken too many of my friends..:(
    Tk about the "punk" who was mean to my kid...yep..I hate em too! ha ha! Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Raise the Bar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Breast Cancer Awareness card!! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Such a fabulous image and beautifully created card.Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love your image! Thanks for playing in this weeks Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous Chris- LOVE it all-great coloring, papers & details!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is even more beautiful in person! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin