Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Have you read any good books lately?  Or are you so busy you barely have time to think yet alone read?   If you're a reader, and you take the time to leave me a comment, recommend a book.  Here's some of the books and authors I've been reading:  John Irving, if you like a good long story with quirky characters he's the man; Pat Conroy, another one for good long stories, with a southern bent;  Jonathan Kellerman for fast paced detective stories; the Girl with the Tattoo series, Sookie Stackhouse series; Stephanie Plum series.  
As soon as I saw this week's My Favorite Things sketch I was itching to make a card.  It's the triple scallop layer that gets me.  

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things a la mode "Here's the Story"
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Ranger Antique Ivory
don't forget the inside
paper - GCD "Chianti Collection"; Basic Grey "Basics White Paper"; Recollections Neutral cs; My Favorite Things "Perfect Panel"
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up crochet trim and rhinestone brad; brads and mini brads; My Favorite Things open scallop and flower dienamics; burlap twine; glasses charm

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club MFTWSC30 - sketch
Kaboodle Doodle #77 - Stitching Faux or Real
Daring Cardmakers - Wish You Were Here

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again and don't forget to mention a good read when you leave your comment.




11 comments:

  1. Lovely card - that's a great image and I love the colours you've chosen. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this stamp and the paper pieced book is perfect.
    Authors: I'm reading Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley books at the moment. My all time favourite author is Margery Allingham, you'll probably have to look in 2nd hand book shops. And while you're there look out for Tryst by Elswyth Thane, a wonderful love story with a twist. Hope you find something you like there:)
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, the paper piecing and of course the stitching! Wonderful story behind the creation of the card too.

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    Kath
    “Let’s Get Scrappy!”
    http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Chris- really cute- I think the last good book I read was called : "The color of water" I think it is quite old but I loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! love the image and the layout
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! I just read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet - excellent book. If you are looking for something a little twisted - read Room I couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS Chris, I love all your texture and layers!!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is a gorgeous card--love that you decorated the inside too! I need to remember to do that:) LOL!

    Beautiful papers--love the layering and that image is super fun! GREAT job:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors on your beautiful card, Chris! My fave book is "Water for Elephants". I recently read "The Help", and it's been made into a movie to be released in August. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Chris!
    Love the papers and the wonderful details.
    Great paper piecing and stitching.
    Hugs, Swantje

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin