Sunday, July 8, 2012

Be Bee

CIC168
Boy oh boy does this cake look inviting.  I wonder what kind of cake is under that icing.  It's probably a good thing I don't know, it's just be more temptation.  Did you ever hear people who work in bakeries say that after awhile you get sick of the stuff?  Yeah right!  I don't think so.  Maybe a lobotomy would take my mind off sweets but short of that I think cake will always be my favorite food. 

This cute beehive cake is the inspiration for Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #168.  What comes to your mind?  There's those little bees, the hive, the color combo, the shapes, lots of stuff going on there if you take a good look.  If you play along with us this week you could win a prize from Stamp Fairy.  They're a great place for shopping, even better for winning a little shopping spree so get inky and play along.



My inspiration is obviously the bees.  Check out "Lenny Bee", isn't he a cutie pie?  He's from Stamp Fairy, so if you think he's cute (and who doesn't) you have got to go Stamp Fairy and shop.  If you're like me you'll probably have a hard time picking just one. 

Bees make me think of beehives, which makes me think of hexagons, which makes me think of the bees crawling around in the hive which gives me hives and at that point I stop thinking about bees and start coloring.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Stamp Fairy "Lenny Bee" digi
ink - hp printer
paper - Stampin' Up "Crushed Curry" and "Bermuda Bay" cs; My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart - Be Anything" dp
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things "Oval" die-namics; SU crochet ribbon; baker's twine; beehive charm; brads; mini brads; gold bling; machine stitching

Here's the challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations CIC168 - photo
Stampin' Royalty #131 - Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Chris! I love the papers, sewing, and embellies. I guess I love everything :-)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright, sunny card Chris! That cake is adorable too. I want to dig right in. Cake is my favorite food too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and papers, this is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness this is soooo CUTE! Love the stitching around the oval!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is stunning, love the image too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin