Friday, March 29, 2013

SFTW - Anything But a Card

This fortnight at Stampin' for the Weekend we're challenging you to make "Anything But a Card".  We've got a new (at least to me) sponsor of Flat Friends and they gave the design team some images to use.  If you stop over at our challenge blog you'll see some more of the cute images and what the rest of the team created.

For me an "Anything But a Card" challenge can be a push to try something new.   So for this challenge when I couldn't think of anything that I wanted to alter,  I finally decided to try something new.  Now if you think that my project is a bookmark you're wrong but I can see why you would think that.  For me the best place to look for a new type of project is the Splitcoast Stampers Tutorials.  This is a free resource that anyone can use, well, anyone who is a member of Splitcoast that is, but membership is free.  I spent a lot of time looking through the list of tutorials and found a few I wanted to try, I finally decided on this,  "Pull Up Treats" which is basically a candy bar wrapper which I've been spying for years and just never got around to trying.  I am quite pleased to say that this is a very quick and easy project.  While I think this could be a great favor for a bridal shower, I don't know how many of these I could make before I lost what is left of my mind, but as a sweet little "pick me up" for a friend who's under the weather I only have to make one.  It would be perfect for a Girl Scout leader to make for her troop.   

This wrapper is meant to hold a long thin candy bar like a Hershey's chocolate bar and usually the photos of them show the candy bar peeking out of the top.  Inside my wrapper there's just a piece of cardstock because I didn't want to have a candy bar that accessible, I think most of you will know what I mean. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - Flat Friends digi; My Favorite Things "LJD Hearts and Stripes"
ink - hp printer; VersaMagic "Aegean Blue"
paper - My Favorite Things "Sno-Cone" card stock; Stampin' Up "Delicate Dots" dp
miscellaneous - copics; Martha Stewart tag punch; Spellbinder's "Label Four"; circle punch; Stampin' Up slot punch; divine twine; umbrella charm; ribbon

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything but a Card
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Love to Create #58 - Pastel Colors
Pause, Dream, Enjoy #6 - Anything Goes
Whoopsie Daisy - Use a Digi

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful... everything! :) Illustration, colors...
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling, Chris! Love the design, image & coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Tag hun. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag, thanks for joining us at Love to create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tag and I really like the colors on this one.
    Hugs Gunn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. Love this image...great tag. Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous - I love it - such pretty colours and design x x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin