Wednesday, October 16, 2013

PWC280 Embellish

Happy Fall Y'all!
It's Wednesday, time for a new Paper Pretties challenge., PWC280 is "Embellish".  Unless you're a died in the wool clean and simple kind of crafter then this challenge is right up your alley.  I have a terrible time with clean and simple so there you have it, I love an opportunity to embellish.  I especially love to make a girly, girly card and throw on some lace and bling, and maybe a charm.  I do so love to add charms.  And of course you can use punches and dies to dress up the edges.

For my card I used the clear Fall Cooper stamp set.  Cooper's such a cutie, I just love him and he reminds me of my faux nephew (that's my bestie friend's son, not really a nephew, but he should be) Cooper.  Everybody just loves the real Cooper, as much as they love the stamp Cooper, how cool is that!  Anyway, I picked this stamp because I wanted to show that YOU CAN embellish cards for men and boys, and you can use more than just a button to do it.  I've got some dew drops in the corner, a fun clip on the banner, hey, there's a banner, a leaf button with a cord bow tied on it, and a scalloped oval mat around the sentiment.  I actually think there could be a couple brads and some stickles added to this too but I held myself back.  But you don't have to, why don't you go for it.  We can't wait to see what you create.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties Fall Cooper clear stamp set
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar for sentiment
paper - Stampin' Up Summer Starfruit and Soft Suede card stock; Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck Paquet Miniature
miscellaneous - Copics; Freckled Fawn Geotag paper clips; leaf button; cord; dew drops; Stampin' Up corner punch, oval and scalloped oval punch

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC280 - Embellish
Creative Craft  2 #21 - Anything Goes
2 Sisters #165 - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy #98 - One for the Boys
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards #50 - Autumn, not Halloween
Brown Sugar #63 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card and layout, thanks for joining us at CC&CC good luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! What a happy boy falling into the leaves! This is a really great fall card for a, "Boy".
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Chris! Love that darling image & your coloring! Wonderful design & DP and you chose fab embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin