Wednesday, August 13, 2014

PWC323 - Boys Cards

It's time for Paper Pretties new challenge PWC323  "Boys Cards".  This is a good challenge for me because left to my own devices I usually make feminine cards.  BUT when I need a masculine card my Paper Pretties stamps are the best starting point. There's a slew of images that feature boys and men.  Go to the Paper Pretties store and check out Cooper, Zack and Luke stamps you know there's something for every masculine card you'll ever need to make.

This card features "Right On Par".  I don't understand what it is about golf that gets under peoples skin but almost everyone I know plays so this card won't stay in my stash for long.  When I make cards for men I try to keep the embellishments to a minimum.  I think you can add any kind you like, even bows and bling to masculine cards, you just have to keep them low key. I used gold pearls on the sentiment label and in the corner and that's it.  

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Right On Par - Clear"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" and "Cottage Ivy"
paper - Bazzill "Parakeet" card stock; My Favorite Things "Natural" card stock; Echo Park "This and That" Patterned Paper Pack
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up Modern Label punch; gold pearls; Spellbinder Rectangle dies

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC323 - Boys Cards
A Random Fan #12 -  Paper Patterns

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesdays - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.



4 comments:

  1. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, Chris! Love the fun image & perfect sentiment! Love your coloring, color palette, and paper, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect manly card! I love that the image is the focal point and love the colors and clean design. Thank you for joining us at A Random Fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your BIG win from A Random Fan!!! Your card is a Fabulous Masculine card!!!
    Hugs, Heidi
    A Random Fan DT

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin