Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tailgate Tastie

This recipe if for one of the yummiest cakes you'll ever taste.  I've had it for ages and whenever I make it, there are rave reviews.  It came with a different name, something ethnic but I have changed it to honor the person I got this recipe from, Marie, my good buddy Kathy "Aquas" Barleen's mom.  I've known Aquas (her maiden name was Waters) since high school and we have lots of history.  Sadly, she moved to California so we don't see each other very much but we keep in contact and still have a tradition of sending each other strawberry themed presents.  You wouldn't believe how much stuff you can get with strawberries on them - she once sent me a clock that was shaped like a frying pan that had strawberries on it!  The funniest thing was last year when we each sent the same thing for Christmas, they were "green" shopping bags stuffed in strawberry shaped holders.  That was pretty funny. 
Okay, enough about us.  Here's the story on the recipe card.  It's for the Shirley's 2 Girls Happy Hour.  Once a month there's a happy hour on SNR.  It's a time for fans of S2G to gather and talk with each other.  The sisters have come up with a great idea for a starting off point, sharing recipes.  Members of the design team complete a recipe card and post them during the happy hour and the conversation gets kicked off there but it can wander to any topic.  There's always a couple free digi images for you.
This month the theme is "Tailgate Recipes".  At one of the few games I've attended I was part of a large tailgate party.  I think I had more fun tailgating than I did at the game itself.  People say I'm a good baker and when assignments are given out I often get dessert duty.  This is a good for travelling recipe.  It's perfect in the fall when apples are abundant.  If you can't read it try clicking on the picture, that'll enlarge it.  If you still are having problems reading it and you want it, just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.
The deets:
The card was made using the Shirley's 2 Girls recipe card.  The digi image is printed on Georgia Pacific card stock.  I used a green SU marker to write out the recipe and colored the apples with copic markers.  I printed out two cards so that I could color a second set of apples.  They were cut out and popped up on dimensionals, then covered with Ranger Glossy Accents.  It's double matted, the red mat is a paper I got from good buddy Maddy who happens to love red.  I think it's American Crafts.  The yellow mat (it does look beige in the photo) is DCWV.  The twine is from the Cat's Pajamas and the apple charm is from acharmingplace.com. 
Thanks for visiting and if you have the time come join us over on SNR, we pop in and out over there all the time, not just during Happy Hour.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe card Chris! The apples are too cute! I'm definitely going to try this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin