Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Sketch Time

"Let's Get Physical" is the latest WTG (Who's That Girl?) stamp set from My Favorite Things.  Ever since I started working on this card I haven't been able to shake Olivia Newton-John.  Thank goodness I like that song. 
It's time for the Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  On the thread we've been talking about sewing.  My machine was out from the last card so I decided to stitch a little on this one.  Well, I don't know what I did, I wasn't paying attention, I got the bottom layer done just fine, then I decided to zig zag around the veggie paper and something snagged and the stitches got wonky.  I actually like the way it looks so I didn't try to fix it and I stitched on the green semi-circle.  Now I don't recommend that you try to mess up your stitches but if it happens and you like it well, what the heck.  Even thought I wasn't paying attention I do know that my tension is off and that I have to re-thread the machine and make sure that the bobbin is sitting correctly.  Then it will be back to normal. 

I didn't use a charm, I didn't bling it up, there are no stickles, and no dimensionals on this card.  It just seemed right pared down. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Let's Get Physical" WTG
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
paper - Cosmo Cricket "Garden Variety" dp pack; the cs is old and I don't know what it is; MFT Perfect Panel cs for image
miscellaneous - SU corner punch, copics; MFT ribbon; MFT die-namics Layered labels; Creative Memories cutting system for semi-circle

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club - MFTWSC2 - sketch
Creative Inspirations #50 - Something New (new stamp set)

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again. 

5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS Chris. So happy you used your sewing machine, good luck fixing your tension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is REALLY cute, Chris. I love the colors, the coloring, kthe stitching, all of it. Very cute take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are great - so is the stitching! It almost makes me want to exercise - NOT!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang Chris..I just had to hop over here after I read your comment on my blog! lol! Have I told u that u crack me up?? However while reading bout the article and "imagining" winning the lotto I almost spit up this pretzel I was chewing! ha ha ha! Too funny! BTW..are you on the dt for MFT? If not.. u should be! Seems like u do such a good job with their images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card, Chris! Great job with the "Headless Woman"! DP and stitching are the perfect touches! I left an award for you on my blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin