Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Domestic Diva

Looks like everybody's cooking this week, even my image!  This image, Domestic Diva, is from this week's Cooking It Up With Katie challenge sponsor, Sassy Studio Designs
 
The recipe is to use brads, letters and stamp (a digi image or stamp).  You can get all the challenge details, see more more inspiring works by the desgin team and find the Mr. Linky thingie for posting your creation by clicking here.

I was debating over the letters part of the recipe.  I have some fun puffy letters but wasn't sure what I should spell out.  I have some patterned papers with letters on them but none of them were in the color scheme I wanted to use.  I have lots of chipboard letters but again couldn't decide which letter to pick.  So while I was batting around ideas in my head I pulled the paper pack I wanted to use and went looking through my charms.  I knew I had a spoon and some veggie charms but I had forgotten about the "LOVE" charm.  Well that was pay dirt for me and after that the card came together very quickly.


don't forget the inside

Here's the deets:
stamp - Sassy Studios "Domestic Diva" digi
ink - HP printer
paper - Wausau "Firecracker Red", "Tuscan Sun", and "Sunflower" cs; Cosmo Cricket "Garden Variety" dp; Georgia Pacific white cs
miscellaneous - copics; orange grosgrain ribbon; baker twine; mini brads, grads; charm; sewing machine; nesties scalloped rectangles

Here's the challenges:
Cooking It Up With Katie - #61 - Brads, letters and stamp

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Now go get inky and play along with us at Cooking It Up With Katie.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Chris!! Love the bright colours you have used Fab!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin