Monday, January 23, 2012

Sew Fancy

Sometimes you just need to fancy a thing up. When I'm sewing I keep finding myself looking for a pad for notes. I started using one of those small and inexpensive legal pads. If you buy a pack of them they get even cheaper.  Since these are so easy to make and are great gifts (think teacher appreciation) you might as well get the pack and make a few for your friends, everyone can use a pad next to the phone, with one of these on hand you'll only be searching for a pen.  Hey, you can always make a little loop to hold a pen.
don't forget the inside
After using the pad a couple days I thought it looked icky and needed some dressing up. Just about that time I checked out the My Favorite Things sketch challenge and decided that it was time to make a cover. I could ink up a stamp set I hadn't opened yet (there's one of my resolutions), enter a favorite challenge and make something blah look a lot better.
Since this was for sewing notes it was the perfect time to break out the "Sew Nifty Dienamics" set. I think the stamps have a vintage look (maybe cause it's mostly us old fashioned types, emphasis on the old, who like to sew) so I decided on a heavily distressed look. Ripping and smudging is something I just get lost in, it's great therapy and I highly recommend it.  

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Sew Nifty Dienamics"
ink - Memento "Rich Cocoa "; Ranger "Tea Dye"
paper - Neenah Classic Crest Natural white cs for images; Bazzill "Blossom" and "Pinecone" cs; Basic Grey "Cappella" and "Porcelain" dp
miscellaneous - lace; Recollections pearls; spool charm; embroidery floss; twill ribbon; Spellbinder's "Ribbon Tags Trio" die; sewing machine'

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things MFTWSC55 - sketch
Sentimental Sunday #86 - Die Cuts
Craft Your Days Away #37 - Distressing
CES #69- Anything But a Card
Basic Grey #61 - Favorite Things (I love pearls, die cuts, machine sewing and distressing)
Delightful - Vintage/Distressed

Thanks for stopping by, please come back again

10 comments:

  1. love this Chris! been "painting up" a little book for my art "notes" that I like to keep handy for ideas and etc so LOVED seeing this today :) tfs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea! Love the sewing theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Chris! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges
    Hug
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these sewing images and your colors (my fav too!)
    ...thanks so much for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really brilliant, what a great idea, thanks for joining us at CES this week, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! Thanks for playing at CES this week xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the thread wrapped around the spool. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Days AWay.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great creation and I love the sewing theme.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away in our distressed challenge.

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!!! I too love the die cuts!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin