Monday, April 30, 2012

Cosmos All Round

If there's ever a martini glass this big there's definitely going to be Cosmos all around. 

Saturday was the day I went to the My Favorite Things store to take a couple copic classes with Wendy Ramlakhan (this card was made before the classes so it doesn't reflect on Wendy's abilities).  Her coloring is amazing, you can check it out on her blog Sugar Pea Designs.   There's always something new to learn or something you forgot you can be reminded about, so if you have the chance to take a class go for it.   The hair on Wendy's cards always look great and in the past I've tried to do hair the way she does with very little success but I did get it in her class.  Maybe I'll be able to do it again on my own.  The other very interesting thing that Wendy does is she colors from dark to light (except for hair).  I've always gone from light to dark and this took me by surprise, and I thought it would be weird to do but I have to say that I liked it and will be trying it as soon as get to my next card.  

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Martinis on Me"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"
paper - Stampin' Up "Kraft"; My Mind's Eye "Paris and Co." dp
miscellaneous - copics; twill ribbon; baker's twine; charm; nailheads; pearls; bling; MFT die-namics "Royal Rose"; machine stitching

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things MFTWSC69 - sketch
Fabulous Friday - Rolled Paper
Paper Players - Tic Tac Toe (square card, ribbon and designer paper)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is just fabulous...makes me crave a cosmo! Love these colors and that pretty rolled flower...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll drink to how great this card is, too! LOVE IT. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin