Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Still Getting Dirty

I hope you don't mind that I'm still getting dirty,  I'll be getting dirty for many more posts.  For those of you that don't know what the heck I'm talking about, it's Dare To Get Dirty challenge time at Splitcoast Stampers.  There are thirty something challenges being posted throughout the week.  You have to be a member of the Fan Club to play along.  It's lots of fun, if you aren't a member of the Fan Club you can still become one, it's easy to do and doesn't take long so if you do it today you still have time to play.

For this card after I colored the bear  (with copics) I tried a texture technique on it.  You put a little of the colorless blending ink on a washcloth and dab on the image.  It gives a sort of furry look to it.  You can sort of see it in the photo but it's more obvious on the card in real life.

Because this card is mounted on very dark brown card stock (it's very yummy) the inside needs at least a piece of white card stock so you can write on it, which is what I did, and then I decided to add a little strip of one of the dps onto it.  Very simple, very quick and very necessary.









Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Fix It Fred"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" for sentiment and "Rich Cocoa" for bear
paper - Stampin' Up "To the Nines" dsp; My Favorite Things "Hot Fudge" cs
miscellaneous - copics; MFT "Oval" dienamics; brads; hemp twine; charm;

Here's the challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers - Dare to Get Dirty
Critter Sketch #126 - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime #80 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

4 comments:

  1. Clever technique for the fur, I'll have to remember that!! Cute card, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch!
    ~Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, thank you for playing @ Paper Playtime!

    Maria
    Joyful Stamper
    Inspire Me Fridays, weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fur colouring is fab Chris! That image is so sweet, great man card!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin