Sunday, September 23, 2012

CIC179 - Bottoms Up

Another clever decorating idea for your cupcakes.  This is the kind of decorating that even I can do.  The problem is that I'd have to start buying Starbuck's coffee and collect those sleeves.  I have a love/hate relationship with Starbucks.  It's mostly about the names of things, especially the sizes.  I'm too old for this stuff, what's wrong with small, meduim and large?   Dunkin donuts is so much easier for me.  But I do love those frapper dapper thingies.  But I digress...  These adorable cuppies are for your inspiration this week at the Cupcake Inspriations Challenge.  And what better sponsor than Fresh Brewed Designs.  There's lots of coffee inspired images but that's not all there is, you need to go check them out.  It'll be fun.








For my card I chose to use an image of a " to go" type cup.  I love that little sleeve with the buttons.  It's too dang cute.  I haven't seen them for sale anywhere but I bet some clever crafter is making them and selling them, they'd be a great craft show item.  I could make them but I'm too lazy, I rather just admire someone else's handy work and again I digress... I kept the color palette of the inspiration photo.  It's perfect for a masculine card.  Since the image is gender neutral, make those buttons pink and you've got a girly card. 

Pour yourself a cup of joe and get started on a card, you'll have fun and maybe win a prize.  So don't forget to link up to the challenge.  Why not stop over there and see what the rest of the sweeties have made.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Fresh Brewed Designs "Warm and Cozy Latte"
ink - hp printer
paper - My Favorite Things "Hot Fudge" card stock; Stampin' Up "Garden Green" card stock;  Echo Park "This and That" sp
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up "Glorious Green" marker for doodling; buttons

Here's the challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations CIC179 - photo
What If Wednesdays S1912 - sketch (love this sketch)
CCEE1238 - Food or Drink
Digi Doodles - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #151 - Buttons
Raise the Bar #112 - Damask and Swirls (the doodle around the image are my swirls, the bottom layer of dp has a damask print but is difficult to see in the photo)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  







4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! I just HAD to pop in here and say hello!...OK...WELL...I spied those latte looking cupcakes on my reader and just about had a heart attack! lol They look so yummy! Yes, I love your card too! Hope u r good! hugs, jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us for the last Digi Doodle Shop Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun! i love coffee/tea images! the cupcakes in that photo are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love your hand drawn doodles, and that image is perfect for your cupcake inspiration photo. Thank you so much for joining us in our damask/swirls challenge over at Raise The Bar this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin