Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Shining Hope

I was out running errands with the hubby the other day when I ran across this stamp.  I couldn't resist it.  I love Leigh Hannan images and the tropical scene is perfect for Florida.  Then the Hope You Can Cling To challenge 1215B - Shine It Out was posted.  Bev, the hostess, included this quote in her post "Stars can't shine without darkness" and all of a sudden the bells went off in my head.  I remembered there were stars in the bottle and the rest just followed. 
The challenge is to use lots of sparkle.  Well, is you were to amble thru my blog or gallery you'd see that I don't use a lot of glitter.  I have this ridiculous aversion to the stuff because I think I'm going to get it in my eyes.  That's why I prefer to use stickles when I want some shine but for this card I went all out and used some glitter on the flower's center.  I also used  glaze pens which isn't showing so well and the blingy stars. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - Impression Obsession, Leigh Hannon "Beach Bottle"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"; Ranger "Faded Denim"
paper - Recollections "Pearlized Gold" card base; Bazzill "Glow", "Admiral"; "Blossom" and "Parakeet" card stock; P. etc. "Water Word Fun" and the Paper Studio " Sketchy Beach Icons"
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things "Hibiscus" die-namic; Creative Memories cutting system; Gold Gliztsy Glimmer; Bling stars; pink cord; bathing suit charm; stickles

Here's the challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers HYCCT1215B - Shine It On
One Stitch at a Time #135 - music or a song (Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle")
2 Sisters #113 - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts #138 - Make Your Own Flowers


Thanks for stopping by, come back soon.





4 comments:

  1. so pretty! i love the image too- super fun! pretty blingy stars and your flower center is glittery perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card with bright colours. Love the quote you referenced, it's very very true :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Music or Song challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love that image and the sentiment is fabulous too. :)

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, love the style and nice bright colours. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin