Friday, February 14, 2014

Jellypark Friends - Chocolate and Cake

Chocolate and Cake - oh my!  That's a challenge right up my alley, yum! and it's this fortnight's challenge at Jellypark Friends.  

A long time ago I made a couple 6" x 6" recipe cards and I've been wanting to make more ever since. Many of my recipe cards are a old, and becoming difficult to read.  I thought it would be a good idea to make a scrapbook of my favorites.   This challenge just gave me the little kick in the behind I needed to get back to that.  

The Jellypark challenge is Chocolate and Cake so how about a chocolate cupcake recipe.  The recipe is from one of Ina's (the Barefoot Contessa) cookbooks.  I love here and have several of her books.  Any recipe I have ever made had come out fabulous.  Try it, I'm sure you'll love it.

For a recipe card I prefer to keep them on the flat side and relatively CAS but at the same time I don't want them to be completely plain.  The size of the recipe also affects how much embellishments I can put on the card.  Since this recipe fills most of the card I used the empty space next to the ingredients for a good sized image and just added a bow and a brad for embellies.   

Here's the deets:
stamp - Jellypark Friends "Girl and Cake" digi
ink - printer
paper - My Favorite Things "Blu Raspberry" and "Midnight Blue" card stock; Stampin' Up "Soft Suede" card stock and "Specialty Sweet Shop" dsp
miscellaneous - copics; stickles; divine twine; Creative Memories cutting system' Xmas red Stickles; clear stickles; Stampin' Up Jelly Bean Sweet Shop brad

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of larger recipes--for my old eyes, lol! This is just darling--great use of that cute JP image! Love your coloring especially! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe card is fabulous, Chris! Your great colouring has made that cupcake yummy enough to eat! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin