Monday, December 7, 2009

The New MFT Challenge


What do we do now that the "So You Think You Can Stamp" Challenges are over? Kim, the fabulous owner of My Favorite Things came up with the Wednesday Stamp Club. Kim said her idea would do three things: 1) Give us a reason to hang out and stamp together. 2) Create something beautiful, useful and (sometimes) outside of the A2 sized box. 3) Help us Learn. Grow. Know. with MFT!

Since stamping is my favorite thing to do and chatting with the MFT junkies in the SCS forum is so great fun - so I'm in. The next best thing about Wednesday Stamp Club is that there will be a weekly challenge. This week Kim posted a inspiration challenge with two of her own creations. If you click here you can read Kim's post and see one of her creations and get a link to the other.


For the challenge I was inspired to make a gift. I melted down some chocolate pieces and poured it into some old Jello Jiggler cutters I've had hanging around. I also picked up some new cookie cutters to make some more. I think it will be really cute to give these with some play dough, so that when the candy is eaten the kid who gets it will have something to do with the cookie cutters. I used a bag I've had on hand but now MFT is selling bags with gusseted bottoms which will work much better for this project. I just wanted to use up some of what I have on hand first.

Here's the deets: for the tag, MFT Pure Innocence "Snow Day" was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on an MFT Perfect Panel, colored with copics and her hat and coat were paper pieced with Imaginisce "Polar Expressions, Twinkle Toes" dp. Her eyes, the heart on her coat and her hat's pompoms are stickles. The snow has been frosted with Glitzy Glitter from the The Cat's Pajamas. The gold ribbon is from MFT. The border punches are EK Success "Snowflake", Martha Stewart Lattice, and Fiskar's "Give It A Swirl". The tag holder punch is from SU. I have no idea where that miniature gingerbread cookie cutter comes from, I got it with a bunch of stuff from E-Bay many years ago and I have lots more of them.
Thanks for stopping by and please click on the pink ribbon before you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin