Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shoebox Swap



Isn't that chickie the cutest thing? I find him irresistible and just have to pull him out at Easter time and make some cards for family and friends. Even the sentiment of "you crack me up" is cute. the timing for the swap was perfect for using this stamp set. I also used the big egg from the set for my name tag.


This is the card I made for my card front swap at yesterday's Shoebox swap. The egg shell was paper pieced with a portion of the dp used on the panel behind the center oval. It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with copics. The eyes and beak are covered with stickles. The dp are both from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl pad. I don't remember what the card stock are. There are dots in the scallops of the oval and in the oval surrounding the stamped image were made with a gel pen. The yellow flower is a K'jinker.

The challenges:

Rosie Dee Challenge 67 - use yellow, green white (it might be too late for this and the other challenges, but what the heck, I"m not trying to win the prize so much as have the cards seen)

Simon Says - Easter or Spring and some Glimmer (the dp with the circles is sparkly but it doesn't show that well in the photo)

CCEE - Inspiration photo of macaroon cookies (lots of the same yummy colors)

Charisma Cardz Challenge #12 - Spring has Sprung


Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you again.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I'm so glad I have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love your pieced egg shell, and the colors are darling!! Thanks so much for joining us for our CCEE challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris, your card is so cute, I love the funny image and the soft colors... Many thanks for your sweet comment. Hugs and happy day! Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!Love the colours, the papers and the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs,Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! It just screams spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Chris!! 4 challenges in one card!! Woohooo!! Love that chick. So springy!!
    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin