Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Wonder Years


Teenagers, can't live with them, can't kill them. They are the wonder years, not like that sweet little sit-com from years gone by. These are the years you wonder what the heck was I thinking when I thought I wanted kids. If you listen hard enough every morning as you step into the shower you can hear the sighs of hundreds of mothers who just realized they made it through another night. Then they think about how it was just a few years ago when they would have paid good money for the privledge of getting into the shower alone and now you have to pay good money to do anything with your teenager anywhere nearby. Mostly they'd be happy if they could go with your wallet and you stay home, but then who'd drive?
And yes I have a lot of nerve, if my mother were around to see this she'd be grinning from ear to ear, payback are a you know what. My mom got a run for it from me so I guess I deserve what I'm getting, still doesn't seem right. Why don't I have one of those golden girls who never get into trouble, never talk back or under their breath, like the clothes I pick, and are on the honor role. Hahahahahahaha.......that child is like the loch ness monster, the New Jersey Devil and other urban legends. I comfort myself by thinking that at least my child can think for herself. I hope I didn't hear you guffaw.
This card is all about Teenage Angst. That's the theme over at Haunted House Designs Macabre Monday Challenge #28. I haven't had a chance to play over there in ages but I stop by to check the goings on. I just cracked up when I read that challenge. This stamp is a Daniel Torrente image and I just love it, and all of his images. Hey, I never said I was tightly wrapped. I like the quirky stuff. I knew I'd be using this image for my card but when I saw the Cute Card Thursday Challenge 102 - Lucky Green I thought that would be perfect, I was going to give the young lady a greenish tint for her skin anyway, I think Barb did that too, Hmmm, what's the green skin thing about, I don't know why I wanted to do it, it just seemed like the right thing to do.
I chose the Basic Grey Origins dp for contrast, it's so sweet with those little flowers. the card stock is Wausau, they gave packages of it to attendees at the CKC in Valley Forge, it's nice paper but I've never seen it for sale anywhere. I distressed the edges and sponged them with Ranger Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Antique Green. The ribbon is from the My Favorite Things Halloween pack and matches the card stock beautifully, it didn't come smudgy, I used the Ranger Ink on it. The spider charm is by Tokens, the pin is from Close to My Heart and lastly, there are green Dew Drops .
As the school's secretary tells me "take a deep breath and repeat after me, children are a joy forever".
Thanks for visiting, I hope you' ll come back again.

10 comments:

  1. Just read your first sentence to Lou - we are laughing out loud!!! Great card - reminiscent of Tim Burton!!! I want to go & check out his collection that is currently on display at MOMA. Payback is definitely a you-know-what! Love the colors & the image is terrific - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image. Can you tell me where I can find this and ones like it?

    Janet

    www.sonnetdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, your photos are very creative with the gems around it...how cool is that, Very Nice Card also..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW I love her. Glad my teen-agers are all grown up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, Chris! LOVE all of the green and the layout...not to mention the image! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Perfect for the teens, my daughter would loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! Your colours are awesome, I think you did a wonderful job! Love the stamp, am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT card! Love the colors you used and this is a GREAT image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a fabulous card with this funky image - teenage boys aren't much better ya know!
    thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love LoVe LOVE this card & i think i gotta check these images out-wicked cool!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin