Friday, November 2, 2012

Hope's Into the Woods

I used to love to walk in the woods on the Appalachian Trail by the Delaware Water Gap, or at the gorgeous Girl Scout Camp Hoover and in the Poconos.  I really enjoyed walking in those woods during the day.  At night I usually wasn't afraid because I was usually with friends.  But when I had to take my dog for a walk at night in the Poconos I was usually alone and it was scary because even with our strongest flashlight I couldn't see even a foot in front of me and I was always tripping on rocks and roots in the road.  I was basically afraid I'd fall and break a leg.  Not scared of what was out there with me.  Now, here in Florida, I am pretty much scared to walk in the woods any time of day.  The woods here are the creepy places, even behind my house I won't go into the woods.  The wildlife here is just plain scary.   Now if there were cute little raccoons instead of pythons and alligators I might venture into the woods.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Taylored Expressions "Woodland Winter"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"
paper - Close To My Heart "Aspen" pack
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up "Circle" and "Scalloped Circle" punches; blue cord; raccoon charm; bling

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' Up HYCCT1231 - A Walk in the Woods
Raise the Bar #118 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #59 - Winter Holiday
Fab 'n' Funky  #145 - Die Cuts and Punches
Southern Girls #56 - Animal Crackers
Card Makin' Mamas - Anything Goes
Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes
Whoopsy Daisy - Punch It Out

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Chris! Great design and I love that little raccoon guy! (I wouldn't want to walk in those woods either - sounds terrifying!). Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fabulous entry to our “Punch it out” Challenge ,and thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week Good Luck Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, the DP in the background is so atmospheric! Thank you for linking up with us @ Fab 'n Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so super cute & i don't blame you- stay far away from the alligators!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin