Monday, August 17, 2009

Vintage, geez I'm old



The other day I was out shopping and wanted to buy this Clear Arts Stamp set "Glamour Girls" but I also wanted another set. I was having a hard time deciding, I did "eenie, meanie, miney, moe" and still couldn't stick with the decision the fates made for me. So I asked my good buddy Edna which one she thought I should buy and she immediately told me to get the other one, so I did. AND then she surprised me by buying this set for me for my birthday. What a great present! What a great friend! This set was perfect for the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge #11 theme "Days Gone By". They want you to create a vintage project. I chose to use these four women in hats. Here's where my title for this card comes in. I used to wear hats like this. In my youth we wore hats to church on Sunday, for every big holiday we went out buy a new hat. So I guess that makes me old, but saying I'm vintage sounds a lot better.
For this card I stamped the images in Memento Rich Cocoa on white card stock and then I sponged around the edges with Ranger Tea Dye and matted them with Bazzill Basics card stock Earth tones. I thought the My Mind's Eye Andrea Victoria papers Golden Beads and Golden Damask had a vintage look to them so I sponged the edges of them with the Ranger Tea Dye and added some lace because it reminds me of days gone by and then I picked some Prima flowers and put them together with a brad. Lastly I stamped the sentiment in the corner.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you, Chris:O) And Happy Birthday!
    These stamps are gorgeous! Love your layout and the lace is stunning. Beautiful layered flower, and lovely papers.
    Great take on this week's Stampin for the Weekend challenge, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage card! I love the ladies in their hats & the lace is great. The paper and flower coordinates wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vintage looking card Chris! Thanks you so much for the very nice comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Chris, oh what a lovely friend you have and such a wonderful surprise for you, Happy Birthday btw. You have created a gorgeous card with your new stamp set, fabulous images and so perfect for this weeks SFTW challenge, thank you for joining in again this week, good luck xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the flower and your papers are fab. I love the sentiment!

    Thank you for playing along with us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you enjoyed making your card and that you come and play again soon. Good luck.

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chris (our vintage friend) I love your card, love the shades of brown as they go perfectly with the lace. The images used are a perfect choice for this challenge and they look fab........you've got a really nice friend to get you those.
    Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin