Friday, October 2, 2009

Didn't I Say That...


I don't like to make Christmas cards or words to
that affect in an earlier post? I've been saying that for years. It's another case of what you resist persists. I prefer not to make or send Christmas cards so of course I keep finding challenges and stamp sets that are for Christmas. Go Figure, I've stopped trying to figure it out. I guess I'm going to have to start a list...
I recently purchases the Flourishes "Wreaths of All Seasons" set and decided to use one of them for this week's Flourish Timeless Tuesday challenge #35 to extend our creations outside the frame. The Simon Says Challenge this week is a colour challenge to use red and green. That color choice made me go to one of my all time favorite papers, Basic Grey, "Figgy Pudding - Forest" and to use the winter wreath stamp. This wreath is all twiggy and it seemed to me that it should be embossed in gold. Don't Christmas cards with gold embossing look rich. To get some more layers I pulled out a paper that I thought would match well, Basic Grey "Wassail - Cranberry Sauce". The pattern on this paper is also similar to the wreath. It's double sided so I flipped it for the middle solid red layer. So using the Basic Grey paper and embossing the wreath makes it work for the Basic Grey Week 4 challenge - embossing and the ABC challenge E is for Embossing.
Even thought Basic Grey prints it's paper to have a distressed look I still decided to sponge and edge the design papers with Ranger Vintage Photo. It adds another layer of richness. The Cranberry sauce paper was cut with the nestibilities die Label One. The corners of the solid red square were punched with an SU corner punch and the ribbon is thread through slots also punched with an SU punch and CTMH red bling was put in the corners and red stickle dots were added to the wreath. Each layer was pushed up with dimensionals.
Last week on an MFT forum Kim asked us to post the first card we made using and MFT stamp and that got some discussions on how much our stamping has evolved. Using the dimensionals to pump up the different layers is one of the biggest improvements to my cards. I had used them before but just occasionally now they seem to be on almost every card I make and they do make a difference. Also I distress the cards in one way or another most of the time. There's a lot more variety of embellishing now too. As I list the things I'm doing more of it's becoming apparent to me that I am doing a lot more now than when I made my first MFT card.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back again.
Before you leave don't forget to click on the pink ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. What a very pretty card! Love the deep rich red colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab embossing

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely :-) fab image and the papers and ribbon are gorgeous :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin