Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Apple for the Teacher


It's that time of the month again, no, not that time, it's time for the MFT Guest Designer Challenge. This month the challenge is being hosted by Kathy and Bar and they're challenging us to get Krafty. So we need to use Kraft in our card or project. At first I just made a gift card with a belly band with the Pure Innocence "Apple for You" stamp set. It turned out pretty cute.
I thought that if I were going to give this to a teacher I would probably want to have a little token gift to go along with it. At first I was thinking some chocolates, maybe in the shape of an apple but then I got the idea of a bottle of Sparking Cider and so I made a bottle hanger to go on the neck of a bottle. I know there are some Appletini fans amongst the MFT junkies, you could put this hanger on a bottle of vodka too. Heck you can put it on any bottle.
So here are the deets: The image is stamped on MFT Perfect Panels with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. The barrette, shoes and apple have a SU Glossy effects on them. The dp is from the Cosmo Cricket "Nutmeg" pad. It's used to paper piece the dress, and for the front of the gift card and the bottom of the pocket on the hanger. The edge of the Perfect Panel is sponged with Ranger "Scattered Straw" and the edges of the do are sponged with Ranger "Spiced Marmalade". The yellow cs mats are from DCWV neutrals and the bases of the cards and hanger are SU kraft cs. The edge of the gift card is punched with the SU eyelet lace border punch. The circles and ovals are cut with nestibilities. In the corners of the dp on the gift card and on the hanger there are orange gemstones from Hero Arts. Just a little bit of bling to dress it up.
I'm not a teacher but I'd be happy getting this for a present.
Thanks for visiting, please come back again. Your comments make my day.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic job, Chris!! So glad to see you entering the challenge~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even stand how cute this is!! I'm still loving it as much as when I saw it on SCS 10 minutes ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are quick! always one of the first and I love it. This is just darling! Those papers are so perfect with kraft and that sweet little girlie! NICE work, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! She is adorable! Love the whole idea of this one!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin