Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life Is Good


Life is good, yes it is. It can be very sweet. Speaking from personal experience I think that driving around with the roof down is one of the sweetest things you can do. I particularly love this carrot convertible because it reminds me of my first beetle which was orange with a black roof. Have you seen the commercials with the people punching each other whenever they see a VW. Well, I don't know about punching for other cars but I do know punching for bugs. We'd say "Punch buggy (insert car's color here), no punch backs." Then my hubby took to making poems with the color of the car which was why I got an orange one, because there are no words that rhyme with orange, and I liked it a whole lot. So did the public, I never got so much attention as when I drove around in that car. The first day I had it a SUV pulled up next to me and the window rolled down and the lady in the passenger seat told me "that's the cutest darn car I ever saw". It was one of the first convertible bugs on the road around here, otherwise she might not have been so taken by it. Kids would scream things at me as I drove by and I constantly heard "Punch buggy". The weirdest thing was that people were always coming up to me to tell me about the beetle they once owned. After the orange one I had a powder blue one with a gray roof. It was adorable too, and it got the same reaction. Nowadays I have a slightly larger car and I have to hold myself back whenever I see a bug, cause I want to tell the driver how I used to own one.
So here's the deets - The stamp is by The Cat's Pajamas and the card layout is for this week's challenge which is a sketch challenge. The orange dp is from Sassafras and the green is from Recollections. The bling is from Heidi Swapp. I punched the button out with a Sizzlet die. I got some double sided sticky paper from Jody Morrow, you can find it on her blog Confessions of a Ribbon Addict, I stuck it onto yellow card stock, punched out the button and then I covered it with Glitzy Glitter. It's staying on the sticky stuff really nicely. I put some embroidery floss through the holes to make it look more buttoney. The image and the mat were punched out with the Blossom Nestibilities.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again.

2 comments:

  1. So cute Chris! It reminds of your orange vw too! Love the color combination & the image is adorable! The bling around the image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just too cute- love the bright, happy papers with this fun image!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin