Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reality TV


Do you watch reality TV shows? It's my dirty little secret that I watch Project Runway and America's Next Top Model regularly and sort of like them. I will watch a little bit of some of the other shows but I'm not a big fan of the Housewives or the Jersey Shore or Survivor. And as much as I like ANTM I would like it better if the models would just shut up. They annoy me. Most of them are not very bright and I cannot stand how ignorant they sound and I really can't stand how mean they are. On the other hand I love seeing the clothes they wear and the make up and different sets. It's the art of it I like. Which is probably why I like Project Runway. I admire the talent they have but when they start thrashing each other I don't like it.
On the other hand when you wander around the paper crafting blog world when you read comments they are always kind and positive. Don't we all appreciate the positive feedback. I know I do and I want you all to know that I appreciate it when you take the time to leave me a comment.
And there's something for everybody out there. How about these quirky images by Daniel Torrente. While they are not pretty and sweet in the conventional sense they are pretty and sweet in an offbeat quirky way. I love them, I wish I had a lot more space and money so that I could have all his designs. I'll settle for a couple for now. I think this one is "Prom Queen". She's totally chic with that head purse, I'd have used it. My daughter likes them too. So I'm going to give this card to her.
On Monday I made my visit to Haunted Design House blog to see what Barb was up to. Always something on the dark side there, but not totally grotesque. This week the Macabre Monday Challenge #031 is Perilous Princess which just begged for me to finally ink up this stamp. Then I saw a sheet of these little blingy Jolee tiaras for sale and picked them up to add to the princess look and doesn't she look fab in it. I had planned on using pink for her outfit and dirtying it up, cause I really think this gal's favorite color is pink, but of course she has to make it shabby to fit her style. I saw that the Scrapmaster's Paradise color challenge #40 this week were Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Really Rust so that worked out well for me, after I used my pink copic for her clothes I got out an orangey one for the rust and used it for highlighting. I found some rust colored flowers and smudged them up with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and sewed the pink button on it with twine. I had a piece of SU Pretty in Pink ribbon that was stitched together so I pulled it apart to get that thready ragged look and smudged some brown ink on that too. The image was stamped on white card stock but I spent about a half hour pouncing Ranger Frayed Burlap on it and then I switched to Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.
I often think the pictures don't do the cards justice and that is the case with this card but I think you can get a good idea of what it looks like. Which makes me realize that you all probably have many of the same issues with your cards.
There's one more challenge I can use this in but it may be closed already. The Stamp Something Challenge this week is distressed something. So between all the pouncing and shredding of edges I think I got that covered.
What's amazing to me is that I haven't made anything Springy or Eastery this week yet, maybe tomorrow, cause there's so many challenges with that theme.
Thanks again for visiting, come back again. Your comments make my day.

12 comments:

  1. Love this card - so twisted! Definitely reminds of Tim Burton! He has a display of drawings currently at MOMA and I would love to get there! Back to your card - the coloring is great & the flower matches perfectly. Love the frayed twill ribbon - cool! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge card, Chris! Love the colors, and the image is perfect with a tiara ;) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with EileenMV about Tim Burton. And after all that you said about the models, I thought maybe this was one of them! I agree with you about the comments that people leave. They really make my day. I think that scrappers are the kindest folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Your distressed edges, ribbon and inking work perfectly with your image! Love it!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Chris! That image is delightfully quirky, and all that distressing truly paid off. Your design fits her to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..well..I am totally impressed with your blog girl! very cool card..you would love this art class I am taking rite now..hmmm..I can see why your daughter would like this - I DO!!! glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, I love all the grunge and the bling of the tiara, and just everything about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just perfect for Macabre Monday! I too love the Torente stamps and wish for more money to get more of them :). The crown is a great additions to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card!!
    I love the dark side of it. The image es amazing and the vintage touch that you given is great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Very cool design! Reminds me also of Tim Burton! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin