Friday, July 5, 2013

SFTW - Pink and Green Photo Inspiration

It's the weekend!  Wohoo!  and if you're a lucky ducky you're having a nice long holiday weekend.  Here in the United States it's 4th of July weekend. For me that means lots of birthdays, my hubby, good buddy Eileen, and sweet MFT lady Kim. I hope you all are having a good time despite the weather.   From what I've been reading on blogs and seeing on TV if you're anywhere on the east coast you're getting lots of rain.  We've had so much rain here on the Gulf Coast of Florida it's been pouring for a week.  Not your typical Florida rain that lasts for 15 minutes and then the sun comes out and you'd never know it rained.  This rain just goes on and on, it lets up for a bit but then it comes back like gangbusters.  But I digress...

If you're here you're probably a paper crafter.  It's time for the new Stampin' for the Weekend challenge.  We've got a pink and green photo inspiration for you.  Isn't that just a wonderful room.  I'd move in.  But again I digress.  This fortnight we have Saturated Canary for our sponsor.  What a great sponsor. The images are so much fun to color and use in cards.  I can't imagine anyone not wanting to have some of these digis in their stash.  So get busy making a card for this challenge, 

My card uses "Dreads".   I've always loved the variety of ways African Americans can style their hair.  This young lady reminds me of some of my NJ friends who were very hip and always had the best and latest hair styles.   If you're Rastafarian it's a religious thing and you just grow them forever.  None of my friends were rasta.  I'd watch them start with short hair which looks really good in the twists.  Since they weren't rasta they could change styles at will and none of them ever went much longer than shoulder length.    

I wasn't sure I'd be able to color the dreads well but I think in the end they look pretty good.  I'll be anxious to see what my friends think.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Saturated Canary "Dreads" digi
ink - printer
paper - Close To My Heart "Chantilly" pack
miscellaneous - copics; flower stickers; bling; ribbon, twine; peace sign charm; Viva glitter liner "Peridot"

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend - Pink and Green Photo inspiration
Saturated Canary #47 - Celebration
Craftin' for All Seasons #55 - Make It Girly
Whoopsie Daisy - Let's Get Girly
The Ribbon Reel #56 - Candy Colours

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.

5 comments:

  1. hi there dear Chris! Its been a while and I had to pop over! If I was young I would have dreads! Cute card- hope u r doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dreads. I have this image and have been a bit intimidated to color her up. What color of Copics did you use for her dreads? I would love to have mine turn out like yours.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Such beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, fantastic coloring! And I love the DP, the design, and cute peace embellishment! Great card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thats just adorable hun and her hair looks awesome!
    thank you so much for sharing her with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin