Saturday, February 6, 2010

Howl Do I Love Thee

I'm not saying I believe in voodoo, and I'm not saying I don't.

I will say that I get a kick out of the idea. I have a Valentine Swatch watch that came with a voodoo doll. It's one of my favorite possessions. It came complete with pins, but I have as yet to stick it. I like to keep my loved in line with just the mere threat of its existence.
As soon as I saw this stamp I had to have it. She's a little madcap creature isn't she? I like that about her. I thought she needed to be distressed and I think I should have done some more but I have this fear of overdoing it and ruining all the work that I put into the coloring. I stamped it and colored it about a week or so ago with the plan to make a Valentine card for my hubster (yes, I am a bit twisted, but he's known that for ages). When I saw this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #16 - Be a Little Ripper it was time to use it. I just needed to figure out what way I was going to rip it. I picked the layout from Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #39. Well, Priscilla, you wondered what it would be, so here it is, howl do you like it? I kept the heart shape, after all, it's a Valentine and just ripped away around the image and then ripped the mat. I like ripping and tearing and smudging, it's such fun. I know a lot of people are afraid to rip, if you're one of them just let go and tear that paper up. You'll be glad you tried it. Next I sponged with Ranger's Distress Ink Tea Dye and Scattered Straw. I used both inks on all the papers. For the embellies I used two Jolee stickers and covered a SU chipboard heart with Glitzy Glitter.
This week's Allsort's Challenge #38 is Get Distressed with Button/s and a Bow. I already had the ribbon and distressing, all I needed to do for this challenge was to make it a buttony bow and who doesn't like a buttony bow? I dug threw my stash and found some Making Memories buttons, I picked this one because the pattern on it resembled the pattern on the dp. I tied it onto the button with some SU twine.
And here's all the other challenges for this card:
Charisma Cardz Challenge 5 - I Love You
Stampin' for the Weekend - Valentine Theme
Crazy for Challenges #23 - Be My Valentine
Creative Belli Blog Challenge 84 - Ribbons
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Love Actually
The Pink Elephant - All About Pink (it's their first Birthday - Happy Birthday Ella)
The Corrosive Challenge #49 - It's All About Love
Paper Sundaes - Valentines

Thanks for visiting, please come back again.

25 comments:

  1. Chris ~ This is just toooo cute for words!! Love your heart and embellishments!! Lovely, lovely card. The MMDesign Team thanks your for playing with us this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris

    Yes I agree, tghat image really does lend herself to distressing. The whole card works really well with my theme.

    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris

    Wow .. ... I love your card. You are clearly well at home with distressing!!

    Love all the texture on your creation and all of those funky hearts!!

    Great photograph too.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh this is beautiful! Love the distressing and he wonderful hearts. Your colouring is super too
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute!! Love all the hearts and how you punched in the flowers to fill in yThanks for joining us at Midnight Madness. You did a great job with the sketch.our hearts! Great distresssing and details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this card is PERFECT for our ripping challenge!! All the layers of ripped hearts are just wonderful! Love the stitching and the totally vintage feel! Thanks for joining this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris...how did you get that picture of me!!!! Oh my gosh...this was me about a year ago. I had anger issues after losing my job...now I am over it-still no job mind you...LOL This is so fun and fabulous...and you really got ripped!!! LOL It looks spectacular and simply divine. I am enthralled with your ripped heart and those dazzling heart embellishments. This is simply delightful. Thanks for playing along with as this week. Here at Midnight Madness we enjoy your friendship and love having you as part of our crafting family.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris - how gawjuss is this!! I lve that image, she just oozes 'attitude'! Love the ripping and the spongong - fabulous! Your card has such a warm feel to it Chris - I am loving this! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we value your support and would love to see you again next week! God bless you! (((hugs)))
    Linda Design Team MMSC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Chris! I am really getting a kick out of this one...that image is too cute! I love your different-textured-hearts too!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us again next week too!

    ~Cheryl
    MM February Guest Design Diva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris - this is just great! Mad cap creature is definitely the way to describe her! Love the coloring and the distressing and the embellies too - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute image. She just made me smile. Love the choices that your made with your dp and embellishments. They are just perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahah Chris..you are a hoot!! Love your post this week and your card even more :) Your are a little twisted..I guess that is why I like you so much..LOL Us twisted people have stick together..LOL ..all joking aside. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on the skethc this week..Well done!! {{{{clap clap clap}}} Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Keep entering because we have some wonderful sponsors coming up, PLUS, we are going to have another one of our HUGE give-a-ways in a few weeks, so keep making those cards with us for all the action ;)
    p.s. we have posted the sneak peek for tomorrows sketch if you want a head start ..lets see what is your next one going to look like!! Hope no sharp objects this time..LOL :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris, this image and they way you distressed the sides add so much fun attitude to THIS FUN card! Love it, It is such a treat to view! And You totally worked the sketch! Thanks for making our day even more happy by looking at special cards like this, xox ~Jeni & MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS! I need that stamp! She is soooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous...just Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

    TPE HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  16. so precious, chris! thanks for creating with TPE for our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fab card! I love all the torn edges, you've achieved a great effect! Thanks for joining us over st SFTW :o) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, love that image & the different hearts are fab!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Chris, I love these images and wow, you did an incredible job here!
    Thank you for playing along in the
    Creative Belli Challenge this week!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so funny I love it! The distressing is perfect just the right amount I think :D
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really unusual and stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo I love it! Love that stitching! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a FUN card! Love the addition of your chipboard! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Join us again on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. FANTASTIC card, Chris! Sorry I haven't been by... I'm adding you to my reader again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin