Thursday, June 24, 2010

By the Sea


Some days I'm in the mood to spend a lot of time working on an image.  Maybe coloring and shading with markers or paper piecing it.  Days like today I'm short on time and just want to make a card.  That's one of the things I like about these stamps.  You can add a dash of color and be done really quickly. 
Tonight I wanted to make a quick card, but I still want it to be special, something you can't pick up in the Hallmark store.  With the right embellishments mission accomplished.
I always take a gander at the current challenges (having a bunch of them on my sidebar makes that easy for me) and usually get my ideas from that. 
Here's the deets:
Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas "By the Sea"
Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper - MFT Sno Cone card stock for the card base; Stampin' Up Pacific Point card stock for the rick rack; Me and My Big Ideas Ellen Starfish dp
Miscellaneous - MFT rick rack die and impressibilty; the Cat's Pajama yellow/white twine; EK Success circle punch; Tile's Play Mosaic Stickers; Taylor's Tiny Twinkles; K & Co Sea Glass charm
Here's the challenges:
The Cat's Pajamas - #115 Inspiration Photo of blue tiles
Creative Belli #94 - sketch and use something old (the tiles have been in my stash for over 3 years) -  oops now that I'm linking up I see I didn't notice the challenge also has a patriotic element - well how about the starfish being inspired by the stars on our flag?
Stampin' B #64 - Summer Fun
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Please click on the pink ribbon before you leave.

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Love how you attached the twine & the charm is sweet too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! LOVE the sparkly dp and your charm & those cute images too! i've been inspired by you & have been using some charms lately too! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that dp and the wonderful starfish charm. That rick rack is cool! Thanks for joining the StampinB's again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - those little images are some of my faves from the "By the Sea" set :) Thanks for playing TCP Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww Chris this is SUPER CUTE!!! LOVE that paper and the little charm!! Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this very unique card and the noutical look for patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute! I think we can certainly accept the starfish as patriotic! LOL! thanks for playing with us in the Belli!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin