Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something New


I'm so excited I can't sleep.  I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  Earlier tonight I opened my e-mail to find a note that told me I was accepted as a Design Team member for Shirley's 2 Girls.  I'm positively giddy. 
Awhile ago S2G went digi but I didn't have the ability to print so all I could do was drool over the new images, this was particularly frustrating when they "went to France", those Paris images are totally adorable.  Well, now that I've got a printer I can pick up some of the images I coveted.
Since I can't sleep I decided to make a card for this week's challenge which is Brides and Babies, the twist is to use something new.  Being twisted is not a problem for me, using something new is pretty easy too.  I picked the twine used to tie the buttons ad charm to the ribbon.  The charm is pretty new too.  If you're having trouble seeing it, it's a set of blocks with the letters B A B Y on them.  Try clicking on the picture, it'll be enlarged and you should have a better view. 
I love the twine, it reminds me of the stuff they used at the bakery when I was a kid, nowadays they use tape, which is fast and easy for the bakery workers but it does not have much visual appeal. 
So here's the deets:
Stamp - Shirley's 2 Girls "Stork Delivery"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Faded Jeans
Paper - Stampin' Up Dusty Durango card stock; K & Co. Itsy Bitsy dp
Miscellaneous - copics, buttons, twine, charm, Pebbles orange candy dots
Here's the challenges:
Shirley's 2 Girls - Brides and Babies #62 - twist Something New
Sweet Sunday  #75 - sketch
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Please click on the pink ribbon before you to, it's good for everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chris! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, just become a follower - love your blog and cards - beautiful!! :o) xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHHOOOO!! Way to go Chris!!! Congrats!! And what a cute card. Just don't forget us Junkies!! ;)
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Chris! Welcome to the team =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris, love your work! You'll have a great time with the team! Welcome aboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed this news!! Congrats to you Chris - you rock!! I actually came to comment on your other dt and found this announcement too! You are so talented and these teams are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin