|are you surprised that I have a shoe charm?|
It's time for Paper Pretties challenge PWC154 to use flowers. Stop over there to see what the rest of the design team has made. They're always an inspiration for me. I'm not very good with using flowers, I love to see them on cards but I have trouble using them. If you browse through my blog you'll see them here and there but I have to push myself to use them. So this is a challenging challenge for me. I like that.
I was itching to use my newest Pretty stamp set "Sassy Shoes" so I had to think about this for awhile. Even though the stamp set comes with a flower to add to the pump I didn't want to have that as my flower. I wanted something more in your face. So the first thing I did was pick a flower from my stash and from there I worked out the rest of the details. The sketch is from Jen Del Muro, it's her May Sketch for You To Try. It's perfect for an image and a big ole flower. The colors for the papers and ink were picked to match the flower.
|here's a close up of the charm|
I love this stamp set (are you getting tired of hearing this?) and you will too. Here's some of the reasons why:
1. there are 4 different shoes in the set. My pulse quickens as I think about this. There's a plain shoe, a polka dot shoe (that's the one I used, it reminds me of an faux ostrich bag I have, but I digress...), a leopard shoe AND A ZEBRA SHOE!!!! (my heart be still). And if that isn't enough...
2. there are four fun and funky sentiments including "walk on the wild side"
3. there's a little bow and a little flower you can add to the pump (I used to buy those fun things to put on my shoes so you know I'm wild for these)
4. there's a "handstamped for you by" (and it has a little shoe with it) stamp in the set.
5. this is a really easy to use set. You don't have to have any coloring skills to work with this set. Of course you can color the shoes and bow and flowers if you feel like it but all you need to make a great image is to stamp it. AND this is a clear acrylic stamp that meets the paper with a kiss. You'll love stamping with it.
I did finish off the inside but I forgot to take a photo.
Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Sassy Shoes"
ink - Stampin' Up "More Mustard"
paper - Wausau "Sunflower", "Tuscan Sun" and "Firecracker Red" cs; My Mind's Eye "Andrea Victoria" dp;
miscellaneous - Recollections mulberry paper flowers, brads, Hero Arts gem stones; Taylor's Tiny Twinkles; ribbon; sewing machine; nesties circle and lacey circle; Stampin' Up border punch
Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC154 - Use flowers
A sketch for You To Try - May sketch
Little Claire's #7 - Sparkle
Creative Cowgirls - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Totally Thrilling Thursday - Bling is a Girl's Best Friend
Fairy Fun - For the Girls
Creative Inspirations #59 - Glitzy and bling
Sugar Creek Hollow - recipe 3 dp, 2 die cuts and 1 charm
Really Reasonable Ribbon #24 - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink #28 - Is That Oranges That I Smell
CR84FN28 - Red, Yellow and Neutral
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again. Now it's time for you to get inky and use some of those flowers you've been stashing away. Don't forget to link it up on the Paper Pretties challenge blog so we can see what you've made.