Wednesday, March 5, 2014

PWC300 Lots of Layers

Happy, happy, happy.  That's what I think when I see this girl with the balloon.  She looks so dang happy.   I hope you will be that happy when you're making your card.  I've been told I have a grin on my face or I'm deep in concentration when I making cards.  It's usually one or the other and I'm usually oblivious as to which one it is unless someone breaks into my train of thought.

So it's Wednesday, happy hump day my friends.  That makes it time for Paper Pretties challenge.  This week we've got "Use Lots of Layers".  So you clean and simple gals can start crying now and get with the program.  Pull out lots of paper cause we got to make a thick card this week.  If you count every cut of paper on my card there are 15 layers.  If you count a mat as part of the layer then it's down to 7 layers. Either way that's pretty good.  I think we'll be happy to see 3 layer on your cards but I liked to see you push for four or five.  Go check out some sketch challenges and you'll have some help finding cards with lots of layers.  This card is using the current Mojo Monday sketch.






Did you ever wonder what happens when you squeeze you stickles container too hard?  This is what happens   Lovely isn't it.  Amazingly I did not totally freak out, just a little freak out and I managed to grab some tools and paper tools to clean it up.  I was actually able to save the card.  In the end I decided to cut another flower because there was just too much yellow tint on the pink for my taste but it didn't look too bad.  I decided I'd change to pearls for the center of the flower.  I'd had enough glitter for one day.

Here's the deets:
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
paper - Copic X-Press Blending Card Stock; October Afternoon Thrift Shop patterned paper; Stampin; Up Garden Green and Whisper White card stock; My Favorite Things Razzleberry, Lemon Drop, Cotton Candy, Pink Lemonade; and Berrylicious card stock
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up Notebook punch and corner punch; My Favorite Things Hibiscus die and Fishtail Flag Stax die; Viva glitter pen; pearls; Q & Co., Twinkle Goose Bumps

Here's the challenges:
Mojo Monday 335 - sketch
Card Makin' Mamas CMM81 Stack It Up,3 or more layer

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious, Chris! You recovered quite nicely from your splotch of glitter glue! :^)
    Really darling card--love the layers, the image, and the warm & cheerful colors! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save for your card. I love the stamp too, certainly is a happy card.
    Thanks for joining us at CMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy is right! Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin