Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PWC303 Paper Piercing

Happy Wednesday to you!  Are you needing a little challenge to get you over the hump?  How about this week's Paper Pretties  "Paper Piercing"?  That's piercing not piecing, there's an "r" in it.  I'm not pointing this out because I think you may not be bright enough to spot that difference, I'm pointing it out because I always miss the "r" and make a pieced card.  Don't believe me - take a look at my example, the egg shell is pieced, fortunately I saved myself by using a pierced die, the rectangles that I used to cut out the card stock the image is stamped on and the blue mat behind it are both pierced.  It's a little hard to see that's why I used such a large photo.

I had a little laugh at myself, I was late to post this card and it's a good thing, because until I saw today's Paper Pretties blog I didn't know that it piercing not piecing.  Maybe I should just make it a habit to pierce some part of any card I plan to enter into a challenge that I think is for "paper piecing" just in case.  It couldn't hurt.

There's still time to take advantage of the FREE SHIPPING at the Paper Pretties shop.  For the month of March all orders over $10 will ship free.  Just enter the code "FREESHIP" when you are checking out.





There's also this adorable set of digi images available.  They are sold as a fund raiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  Since it's digital you'll get it right away and have plenty of time to use for Easter Cards, invitations, or decorations - anything your heart desires and you can feel good about making the purchase because you've helped someone.  









Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "One of Those Days"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"; Ranger "Scattered Straw" sponged around image 
paper - Neenah Classic Crest Natural White for image; Close To My Heart "Jubilee" pack 
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up "Modern Label" punch; My Favorite Things "Pierced Rectangle Stax" and "Chicken Wire" die-namics; Recollections Crafting Tape; Bling; Baker's Twine

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC303 - Paper Piercing
Pause, Dream, Enjoy #6 - Twine
Crafty Card Makers #112 - Decorative Paper Pricking
Sister Act #49 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar #86 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, please come back again.



9 comments:

  1. Love your honeycomb effect diecut with that interesting paper peeking through it.

    You're not alone in mistaking pieced for pierced, I set the challenge for our blog and even I had it wrong! Had to rejig it, which is why I called out challenge pricking as there is no mistaking that for something else, lol

    Thanks for sharing your lovely piercing with us.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - great paper piecing too!

    Thanks for joining my 'decorative paper pricking' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, Chris! Both the card and your paper-piecing/piercing!!! Love this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I am another that misses the 'r' or in my case I see it when its not there !
    Thanks for joinging our challenge at CCM&M. Jules DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to read the challenge twice as well, but nice save, and perfect for our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I love the bold colours of the paper you've used and I have to admit to misreading "pieced" and "pierced" too. I think it's computer screens messing with our eyes - that's my excuse anyway. I really like the pierced dies, I'm going to have to invest in some I think.

    Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M
    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome card thats a really cute lil image and i really like the diecut and paper cooordination. thanks so much for linking up with us at pause dream enjoy ,shelly/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha - this one cracked me up! Great job! Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great colours, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin