Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cheers!

This week there's a couple challenges for New Year's cards and for glitter. I love glitter and happen to have this great stamp from Impression Obsession that hasn't been inked up yet so VOILA! I inked it up with Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored it in with copics then got out the stickles and a sparkly gelly roll pen and glitzed it up. I couldn't figure out what paper to use. I wanted something festive. I had to search for awhile till I found this. It's a package of Graduation themed paper from Creative Memories that have been sitting around for a long time. I used a Martha Stewart "Cheers" border punch on the gold paper. That yummy gold ribbon is from MFT, don't know why but a buttony bow didn't appeal to me for this card. I also got out my little sewing machine and sewed the gold paper onto black card stock and I popped that layer up on dimensionals but the black cs just doesn't show up well in the photo. I adamantly protested sewing on my paper craft projects but now that I've started I'm enjoying it and thinking that I wasted an awful lot of time resisting it. So I figure at about 9:05 on Monday morning my buddy Eileen will be looking at this saying to herself "I told you so". Well Ei, you were right! I wonder how long it'll be before I have to dig out the Bernina, it does have some really cool stitches programmed on it and they would look great on paper...
So here's the challenges:
1.) Pile It On #31 Welcome 2010 (and the theme of PIO is to combine it with at least one other challenge)
2,) ABC Challenge- L is for layering
3.) Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #55
4.) Cute Card Thursday Challenge #94 - All new, feature something new
5.) Creative Belli Blog #82 - use glitter or rhinestones
Thanks for visiting, come back again and click on that pink ribbon, it's a good thing.

8 comments:

  1. What a great celebration / new years card! And it could be used for lots of celebrations, anything where champagne is served! I'm impressed with the sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you so LOL!!! What a pretty card! Love the whole thing - image, border, ribbon, paper & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card TFS and playing in the Belli challenge ith us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a FUN card! Love the image, the "Cheers" border punching and the wonderful color combo! Thanks so much for playing in our Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card :) The image is fab and the stiitching is lovely ,, I love the Cheers border punch too !! perfect finishing touch ! :-)

    thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a festive card! I just love that border and the stitching looks fab! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chris, you are such an enabler... now I "need" that punch.

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful card, love it!!! Thanks for playing along with PIO.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin