Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kowabunga! Baby Brother


Kowabunga! Isn't this a cute card for a little boy? How about a not so little boy? My "baby" brother's birthday is Friday so I made this card for his big day. I may have gone a bit over the line when I added the "You're How Old?" to the Kowabunga sentiment. You know what they say about pay back, I may live to regret this. It's never a safe bet to torment someone younger than you are about their age.
Because my brother lives in sunny (but currently not so warm) Florida I picked this little surfer dude. He's from the The Cat's Pajamas. This week the hostess with the mostess for the Cat's Pajamas challenge TCPTUES92 is Joanne Basile from Just a Little Something blog (go visit, you'll like it) and she's got a color challenge to use Chocolate Chip, Baby Blue and Kraft, a very fun color combo with works well with the surfing theme. There's also a blog hop to welcome Jen Del Muro's brand spanking new baby boy, the hop starts at Joanne's blog.
Since I've been playing with my sewing machine I was happy to find the Just Us Girls #15 challenge to "Add Stitching". The Crazy 4 Challenges C4C19 challenge is to create a card with a birthday theme and the challenge TPE#49 at the Pink Elephant is also Birthdays.
So here's the rest of the deets: the swirly dp is "Ellen-Starfish" from Me and My Big Idea; the cs is kraft from SU and SnoCone from MFT; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; MFT ribbon; starfish charm from K & Co; Dotted Wave border punch from EK Success.
Thanks for visiting, come back again, before you go click on the pink ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. Kowabunga! This is such a cute card - I'm sure your brother will love it! Love the colors and the little starfish - very cute! The stitching looks great too - love how you made three stitched borders - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this is an awesome card! Love the surfer dude image that you colored so nicely & the stitching around the circle is perfect! Love how you stitched the perimeter too! This card makes me want to go catch a wave :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls stitching challenge! Hope you are able to join us Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris I Love this card!! I love the star hanging off the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin