Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm Swanky

 I was going through my e-mail and I saw that Kelli Jo has made a post on Facebook shouting out that I rock.  I had no idea why she posted that so I figured I'd go take a look at Facebook.  Of course my poor old brain is so fried that I can't remember my Facebook password.   I knew it for awhile but I kept getting messages that advised me to change my password.  Between that and all the other places I have to have passwords I just can't remember them.   But I digress... KJ was congratulating me for being named the Cat's Pajamas' Swanky Stamper for the month of May.  Woohoo!  That's a reason to celebrate.   It also got me motivated to get out my TCP stamps and get them inky. 
 
Inside of card


It's also the first Tuesday of the month so it's time for a new TCP challenge.  This month it's a KISS  or CAS card.  Not my usual style but whenever I see a good CAS card it makes me swoon.  One of my resolutions for this year was to make more CAS cards so the challenge is the perfect push to get some clean and simple cards.

What I like about this card is that it can be made very quickly and it's flat enough to be put into a regular envelope and mailed at the regular postage rate and it doesn't have to be hand cancelled.  I think I'll make a few more of these.






Here's the deets:
stamp - the Cat's Pajamas "Jolly Holiday"
ink - VersaMark for embossing and Memento "Gray Flannel for inside)
paper - My Favorite Things "Sno-Cone" and "Whip Cream" card stock
miscellaneous - bling; silver embossing powder

Here's the challenges:
the Cat's Pajamas May - KISS
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (extra use 2 stamps - I actually used 3)
Paper Playtime #9 - Emboss (dry or wet)

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

3 comments:

  1. Well, congrats on the award! :^)
    And I love the CAS design you created! It is so simple, and so simply beautiful! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. very useful information. I will look forward to find out more.
    Awesome article. You have some great insights. I love to read your blog while I’m at work to help pass time.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Chris! What a beautiful KISS card

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin