Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PWC257 - Use Pencils

It's time for Paper Pretties challenge PWC257.  This week we're asking you to use colored pencils on your card or project.  WOW, I was surprised how much my skills have slipped.  I've used prismacolor pencils for all kinds of art work for over 30 years.  Then I found copic markers and for the last few years I've hardly touched my pencils.  I never used mineral spirits with them and there are probably other tips and tricks I could learn.  Well this challenge has given me somethings to think about - will I make time to practice and learn a different method or not.  Stay tuned, who knows what will happen.  In the meantime, it's your turn to grab some pencils and make a card for our challenge. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Sock Monkey"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" and "Danube Blue" for sentiment
paper - My Favorite Things "Banana Split" card stock; Recollections "Monkeying Around - Button Up, Funky Disco Spin and Sock Stripe" patterned paper
miscellaneous - prismacolor pencils; Stampin' Up border punch; baker's twine; sock monkey charm; machine stitching; brads

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC257 - Use pencils
Cutie Pie #43 - Lots of Layers
Sweet Stop SSS209 - sketch

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun card, Chris! Love the great papers & colors you chose for your cute image! Love the design, stitching, and great coloring with your pencils, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the sock monkey! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FUN birthday card! thanks for sharing with us this week at The Sweet Stop! hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and a fab image.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin