Sunday, December 1, 2013

CIC239 - Digi Darla Designs

Talk about cute!  There's rarely a cupcake that I wouldn't eat.  Well, these are the exception to my rule, I just couldn't eat these cuties, which just happen to be the inspiration for this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge CIC239.  The only thing cuter than these toppings are the images from our sponsor,  Digi Darla Designs .  You have to go visit Digi Darla, there are so many adorable images there you could just lose your mind trying to pick one.   By the way, if you're in a rush and don't have time to color or you aren't very good at coloring there are some pre-colored images available too.  There's something for everyone.




 I love cats and dogs, my house has been a zoo for years.   So I had to pick "Digi Darla's Snowtime Scottie 9" an image that features both a cat and a dog for my card.  

For the notch at the top right of the card I used circle dies placed over the edge of the paper.  A larger circle was used on the patterned paper so that card stock mat would show.  I took my time placing this die and used a tiny piece of scotch tape to hold it in place as even a slight move would be critical on this cut.

Currently the kitty that owns me is an orange tabby that's a lot tougher looking than this guy and our dog is a darker grey terrier mix (that's code for very lovable mutt).  Neither of my animals own fancy hats and scarves but when my daughter was young she used to dress the cat up.  He was quite a good sport about it.


Here's the deets:
stamp - Digi Darla Designs "Digi Darla's Snowtime Scottie 9"
ink - printer
paper - My Favorite Things "Sno-cone", and "Pink Lemonade" card stock; My Mind's Eye "Wonderful Winter" patterned paper pad
miscellaneous - copics; Gelly Roll Clear Star pen; My Favorite Things "Circle Stax" die-namics; burlap twine; Scottie dog charm; Jolee's snowflake sticker; Liquid Pearls; Stampin' Up corner punch; grosgrain ribbon; stapler

Here's the challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations CIC239 - photo
Sweet Sunday Sketch #198 - sketch
Totally Gorjuss #212 - Snows the Way to Go
A Gem of a Challenge #108 - Winter Wonderland
CRAFT - Use Metal/Add a Charm
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon #213 - Off the Edge

Thanks for stopping by, come back again!

7 comments:

  1. Love this card! The image is just precious, and wonderfully colored! Love the DP, corner treatment, and cool charm, too! :^)
    BTW, that cat may have been a good sport, but I can read his expression. He is not thrilled with the scarf. Just sayin'. ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Chris, so sweet and beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad old google! I wrote out my entire comment and then it disappeared, Chris! Sheesh! LOL Let's try it again - first, thank you for visiting my blog on behalf of Jellypark friends. I appreciate the comment you left. Secondly, HOW SWEET your critter Christmas card is! Love the colors, DPs and cute little cut out for the embossed snowflake (great idea!). The "cat who currently owns you" must be a great sport! Poor kitties. They have the stigma of a "bored cat face" regardless of how happy they are. But he is cute for sure. My kitty would not have tolerated a head scarf LOL. Love the layout of your blog format - so clean and crisp - easy to read and enjoy. I may have to copy what you have done. I really like the headers in your gadgets! It's been enjoyable seeing your recent blog posts, so I've become your newest google follower. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, love these Scotties!!! I have Schnauzers, but Scotties work in a pinch LOL. I love your sweet tabby, it's amazing how these animals love us! Great card design as always. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having your card featured at Little Red Wagon! Well done!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, so cute...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love the colours you've used - perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Totally Gorjuss this week, and good luck in the challenge. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin