Wednesday, December 11, 2013

PWC288 - White on White

White on White!  That's the challenge PWC288 this week at Paper Pretties. I love the look of white on white cards, they are so pretty, elegant and often very delicate BUT I do not like to make them so this really was a challenge for me and I have to say that I am glad that I am on the design team because it pushes me to do these challenges that I normally would just skip past.  I hope that if this isn't your cup of tea you might be inspired to sit down and make a card too.

Winter is the perfect inspiration for a white on white card.  I went hunting through my stash of Paper Pretties stamps looking for snowflakes.  I pulled out the "O Christmas Tree, Clear" stamp set which has a couple snowflakes but I ended up just using the sentiment and some other embellies which are all listed in "the deets".  I'm not sure if it's considered cheating to use silver embossing powder for the sentiment but I think that if you use white embossing powder or ink even in real life it would be virtually impossible to see, so I think you get to use a color for the sentiment.  

I'm sorry my photography skills are not that great, or it just isn't that easy for anyone to make all white show that well, or both.  I played around with this photo for a long time and finally decided that this was going to be the best I can do for you so unless you're the person who receives this card this is the best version you will see of it.
 
Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "O Christmas Tree - clear"
ink - Versamagic
paper - My Favorite Things "Smooth White" card stock
miscellaneous - Silver embossing powder; Sizzex Tim Holtz "Snow Flurries" embossing Folder; pearls; Stampin' Up slotted punch; ribbon; Martha Stewart snowflake punch; Viva glitter liner Holo Iridescent; the Cat's Pajamas snowflake topper die

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC288 - White on White
Top Tip Tuesday #116 - Snowflakes
Ribbon Carousel RCC88 - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesday PTT#150 - Winter Wonderland
Oldie But Goodie -Winter

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

5 comments:

  1. Just so elegant and the pearl touches really livens the whole creation.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous, Chris! I love w/w and you did a fabulous job with this design! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pearls in the center of your snowflakes. Thank you for sharing with us at TTT. Amy A., DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Chris and I so agree that being on a DT challenges you to work outside your natural comfort zone, which is a good thing! Thank you for joining us for our Winter challenge at an Oldie But A Goodie, and keep using up all that old stash!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin