Sunday, May 23, 2010

Angry Ballerina


Maybe someone else got the lead in the ballet, otherwise I can't imagine why she's so upset. By the way, my "n" key is still sticking so I'm probably going to make this a short post, cause that sticky "n" is what's making me angry, but I digress...
I betcha her foot is tapping fast and hard. Personally, I can't believe she's unhappy about her costume, unless she's a Vegan, member of PETA, doesn't like pink (who doesn't like pink) could be dietary but I don't think the costume's the reason, it's too dang cute.
Well whatever the reason this is "Angry Ballerina" by Kraftin' Kimmie. I've been itchin' to get her inky. Not sure this was the card I had in mind but it'll do for now. It's a little bit busy, it's following the sketch on "Oh, Alice". I like all of the embellishments on the card but I think that maybe there's too many of them for one card.
I spent a lot of time dirtying this card with Ranger inks but it doesn't show that well.
Here's the deets:
stamp - Kraftin' Kimmie "Angry Ballerina"
ink - Brilliance Graphite; Ranger Antique Linen; Ranger Tea Dye; Ranger Tattered Rose
paper - dp Basic Grey Two Scoops
Miscellaneous - Hero Arts Sparkle Gems; Hero Arts Pearls; Recollections Pearls Stickers; Prima Flowers; brad; glitter dust; glaze pen; copics; ribbon; button; linen twine; charm; sulky thread
Oh Alice - sketch
Crafty Ho's - photo inspiration (pink cowboy hat)
Paper Cutz Challenge #42 - use buttons plus ribbon, lace or hemp
Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC30 - pale yellow, light green and pink
Kraftin' Kimmie #30 - How Charming
Stamp and Create Challenge #1 - Ribbon
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again, and if you have an idea of how to treat a sticking key leave me a comment. Don't forget to click on the pink ribbon before you leave.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card is awesome! I love the distressed edges, the colors, the embellishments. The overall look is amazing!

    Thanks for participating in the Crafty Ho's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Chris! I just got my first Kraftin Kimmie stamps and still need to ink them up. Love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GEEZ LOUISE. . .The detail is outstanding! What an absolutely gorgeous card you've created! And with a Kraftin' Kimmie image - One of my favorite stamp companies! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun image, love all the distressed edges. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The distressing on this card is fantastic!!! The tag and the distressed flower is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Chris! Love all the distressing and the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Chris!!! Love the charm!! These stamps always make me smile. :)

    Cheers!!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha--love this image! Super funny--I think I looked like that during dance class:) Great use of charms! Great job with the color combo--thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the fabulous distressing! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look on her face. I believe our kiddo's have had a similar look at one time or another. :) LOvely details on your card. Thanks for playing again with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so funny!! Your choice of the "shabby distressed" look for her is so perfect! LOL Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg...is there such a thing as toooo many embellies?? are u kidding me? this is PERFECT! :) I LOVE this look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What brilliant colouring / shading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card--great details! Your coloring is outstanding. Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! She does look like she's tapping her foot! Love your post! Hope your keyboard is working now! I don't think there are too many embellishments - looks GREAT!
    Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is ADORABLE. I love all the distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is fantastic! Love all the stitching and distressed edges! That image is too fun! Thanks for joining us at Stamp and Create!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG!! This is such a great card!! I love your distressing and the layout is perfect!! Thank you so much for playing along with our ribbon challenge last month! We have another fun challenge this month...Charms!! We hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! Your card made the Top 3 for the Stamp and Create Ribbon Challenge!! Please email me at stampandcreate@bellsouth.net if you would like to receive the Top 3 Banner to post on your blog!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is gorgeous! I love all of the details, especially the ballarina charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin