Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Arigato


I hit the jackpot with this card. It works for five challenges. I started with the Simon Says Challenge to make something Oriental and the CCEE sketch challenge in mind. I pulled my stamps out and picked the ones I would use, the A Muse "Kokeshi Doll" and the sentiment and tiny flower from the Hero Arts "Arigato" set. Then I decided that the Basic Gray papers Lilykate, Twigs and Indian Summer, Maple Sugar would be great and they go with the Color Throwdown #59 to use Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie. Crafty Creations called for embossing and I originally planned to just emboss the hair to make it look shiny but I didn't like how that came out so I stamped the entire image (three times) in Versa Mark and embossed them with black powder and colored them in with Stampin' Up markers. I stamped it three more times on white card stock and die cut it with a nestibilities, the twig paper was also cut with the nestibilities, then I cut out the embossed images and mounted them with dimensionals on top of the three on the nestibilities cut. The sentiment was stamped in Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie on white card stock and punched out with a SU oval punch and matted on SU Ruby Res cs punched with the SU scalloped oval punch. All the papers were brushed with Close to My Heart Desert Sand. The base of the card is SU Ruby Red cs and the bling in the corner is from Close to My Heart. Using the nestibilities and punches makes this eligible for the ABC Challenge, D is for Die Cut.
Thanks for stopping by, if you've got a minute leave a comment. I appreciate all your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this rocks!!! Great card! DD lived in Taiwan for 1.5 yr., and I'm a bit partial to the Oriental cards! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - the little dolls are adorable! Everything works wonderfully together! Arigato!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin