Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wouldn't You Like To Ride in my Beautiful Balloon?


I've got about a million songs and jingles in my head and anything can trigger any one of them to start playing. Once they start there's no way of knowing how long they'll stick around. To this day I never know when the theme to Dallas is going to play. That one drives me crazy because I didn't even like the show, I just watched it because my mother watched it and it was fun talking about it with her. She couldn't get over how Miss Ellie had millions of dollars but always wore frumpy house dresses. I had to agree with her about that. My buddy Eileen tells me that Stephen King calls these songs earworms and that's as good a name as any and creepy enough to fit.
Today the Fifth Dimension is playing in my head and that's because I used the Verve "Up, Up and Away" stamp set to make this card. This set has a few hot air balloons so you see the connection to the song. Well if I have to music stuck in my head at least this is a pretty song. Over on the Verve Forum at Splitcoast there's a month long challenge going on. Every week a new challenge is posted and you have till the end of the month to get all the challenges done and posted. The winner of the challenge will win all the new releases for October. Go take a look, anyone can play, who knows, maybe you'll be lucky. This card was made for the first challenge VLVSep01 which is a sketch challenge and the twist for this challenge is to use little rounded things. The Stamp Something Challenge is to use your favorite embellishment. That's not easy cause I love so many of them but lately I've been drawn to pearls so today that's my favorite and they're little and round so I'm combining these challenges.
I found some old papers that I liked but they don't have any labels on them and I don't know where I got them so I have no identifier for you. The bow however is totally yummy and the ribbon is so nice to work with. It ties easily and has nice body and the shade of pink is lovely. The ribbon is from MFT's chocolate collection. The collections are great because they have paper, ribbon and buttons that go together and I just read that Kimmy (the MFT lady) has added card stock and stamp pads to go with the collections. Just what I need, more things to spend my money on.
Here are the other details for this card. The pearls are Hero Arts. On the bottoms edges of the papers I used Fiskars' Effervescence punch and Stampin' Up scalloped eyelet border punch. the white card stock was edged with Memento Angel Pink.
Thanks for looking, don't forget to click on the pink ribbon and then go make a card. You'll feel better for helping someone when you click on the pink and then you put those good feelings into the card you make.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card - the ribbon is so beautiful! I love the air balloon - I'm hearing (in my head - earworm) up, up & away in my beautiful balloon as I type. The papers are so pretty - love the background paper and also the border punch!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin