Saturday, September 12, 2009

Viva La Verve


A short while ago I won a set of Verve stamps so I looked at the
Verve forum on Splitcoast and saw that they are having a four week challenge so I thought I might try out my stamps and see what I could do. The VLVSep02 challenge is to "go tiny". The Stampin' B's Challenge #23 is to make a 3" x 3" box and cards. The two challenge sound like a perfect match to me.
The Verve stamp set I picked is "Up, Up and Away". There are several hot air balloons but I realized the tree could be done in a four seasons motif. I picked papers that represented each of the four seasons:
Winter - Basic Grey, Figgy Pudding, forest
Spring - Basic Gray, LilyKate, twigs
Summer -Doodlebug Design, Cherry Amore
Fall - Reminisce - Autumn Day
I stamped the trees (three times) in Stazon black and used Stampin' Up watercolors for the leaves. Each tree was mounted on a mat from the same card stock as the card base. For winter I drew the tree and dripped a few Star Dust Stickles off the branches and put three snowflake Memory Box Jewel Stickers on the left bottom. I used the same format for each card. For Spring I put pink flower Sparkle Gems on the tree, they reminded me of the cherry blossoms that grow all over my town and up and down my block. Our City has a great tree planting program. Over the years hundreds of cherry and pear trees have been planted all over town and when spring comes the streets look amazing. I used green flowers for the left side of the card. For Summer I put red mini brads on the tree and Close To My Heart red bling on the bottom. For the Fall card I smeared Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles over the tree and put Sun Yellow Candy Dots on the bottom of the card.
To make the box I used Paper Bouquet Pocketbook Box template. Since I have these really pretty cherry Doodlebug Boutique Brads I wanted to use I decided to make the box match the Spring card and used the cherry paper.
If you click on the picture it will enlarge so you can get a better view of the cards.
Do you think these will be a good Christmas present? Let me know what you think? Your opinions mean a lot to me.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! What a great idea to use the trees that way. Gorgeous set of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin