Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meow


This card is for the Delicious Diva Sketch challenge #2 and the Basic Grey Week 2 Color Combo Challenge to use brown, yellow and pink. I wanted to use it for the Stamp Something Challenge, Animal Challenges but I missed the deadline. Sometimes it just works out that way.

This image and sentiment is from Inkadinkado "Cats" set, stamped with Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink on white card stock. There are several cute cat images in the set. I chose these two stamps because when I do a sketch challenge I usually stay close to the design that's given; I needed an oval shape for this design and by combining the image and the sentiment I got the right shape. I used Creative Memories cutting system to make the ovals. The edges of the white card stock were sponged with Ranger "Tea Dye". The edges of the designer papers were also sponged with the tea dye ink. I used the EK success Morocco Lace border punch on yellow card stock and used it to separate two Basic Grey papers, Lilykate Twigs and Porcelain, Rosenthal. There are pink dew drops and MFT pink ribbon.

Speaking of pink ribbon, don't forget to click on the pink ribbon, it'll help someone who can't afford it to get a mammogram.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and fantastic take on the sketch, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Delicious Diva Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing with delicious diva challenges.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. I love your tea-dyed ink effect with the basic grey papers. Thanks for participating in the third Delicious Diva Challenge and good luck!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Chris. Love the soft color and that great border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice - love the basic grey papers (my favorite) & the sponging is great!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin