Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fight Like a Girl

Before you do anything else go over to the sidebar and click on the pink ribbon. I'm not asking politely today, I'm telling you to do it. You have no excuses, it takes about ten seconds and you can back arrow to be right back here. If you're breathing you should know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. If you're a mammal you have breasts, male or female you can get breast cancer. It's a vicious ugly killing disease and I hate it. I will click that button, I will shop on that site, I will make donations and I will keep asking and or telling you to click on the button till be defeat the disease. So FIGHT LIKE A GIRL, do whatever you can to join the fight. You can eat Yoplait yogurt and send in the lids and the company will donate $.10 per lid. You can walk or run and get donations for doing it, at my job you can make a donation and get to wear blue jeans. Use your mind and think positive thoughts, envision a world where no one ever has to fear the loss of health, life or tissue. FIGHT LIKE A GIRL. Do anything and everything you can, that's how real girls fight.

The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #36 is to Use Pink as the Main Color. I used the Flourishes stamp set "Think Pink - Fight Like a Girl". The minute I saw that set I logged onto the store to buy it. First of all it's reast Cancer awareness, secondly, it has a flamingo in it, duh! and the flamingo has ribbons on its body and the "fight like a girl" sentiment is in two sizes and I just love the sentiment, so much that I stamped it all over the card stock base of this card.

I stamped the background in Su Pixie Pink and SU Pink Passion, the dress is stamped with Pink Passion and embossed it with clear powder, and popped up on dimensionals. The edges of the base were sponged with those inks too.

The layout is the for the Mojo Monday Mojo Madness 107 challenge. I stayed pretty true to the sketch. The dp is Stemma "Pretty Petals" and those fun pink circles are Em-bella-shments. Cute aren't they.

Just in case you didn't do it earlier, here's a reminder, go click the ribbon. Joining the fight can't get any easier.

3 comments:

  1. I also love the sentiment "fight like a girl"! This is a beautiful card. The dress is so pretty & the so is the dp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love this set. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin